2nd time in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd time in

I went to a few haunts this year. Most of them in Kansas City and surrounding areas. And I noticed that @ one of the haunts the teens in front of us went and got in line again for half the price. Now my question is this a good plan or is bad for business. Now I know in big city the charge full price. But for us little towns with around 80,000- 100,000 people is half the 2nd time around good or bad? Some might ask how do they know you already visited, they stamp you hand.

I'm in Memphis and I charge $2 for a same evening re-entry ticket. We have had many patrons buy two or three in one night. The record was five. This year I'm going to offer a season pass for $30.
    Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Great idea

and common in all types of businesses. It's just a volume discount - the more of something you buy, the cheaper it gets. The way a haunter should look at it is: they might not go through a second time at full price, but they will if the price is lowered. You've already got there money from the first time so anything you can add to it is extra in your pocket that you wouldn't have had otherwise (because you're assuming they wouldn't go through again at full price).

Comment

One thing you have to be careful about is customer familiarity with your haunt.

The first time through they don't know what to expect; where the scares are coming from, what's next, where the actors are, etc. The more often they come through, especially the same night, the better they know what's next.

In our experience this is where problems can start.
        http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Karl is right.
          The places that usually do this have multiple passages in the haunt.
          Their pitch is that you'll you'll never see the same scares.
          This works best if you can break a group up inside the event, they come out talking about what they saw and ask if their friends had seen the same thing.
          If it was real good, the others will want to see it as well. That will be $7.50 please.
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com
          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

If I owned a local motel I would do the same/night bargain thing in a heart beat!
            A house tour of the Ravens Grin requires usually 90 minutes, so after they drive one to three hours to get here, standin line for at least, say 45 minutes, do the tour for another 90 minutes, then do it again, they will be looking for a sleep/bed.
            $$$! inser evil laugh here~
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey thanks everyone for their input on this issue.

Comment

Working...
              X