Don't you just hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you just hate

I'm a actor myself. The last 5 years of watching customers comming throught the haunted house I have seen some stuff that just irks me.

1) I'll sue you if you touch me
    2) How much do you get paid
    3)Stand there with a cell phone and want to check messages.
    4) Yell at/in the actors face or ear
    5) marriage proposals- sometimes not too bad.

You see where I'm going with this. Where do these idiots come from.

Yeah, Reaper.

I talk to my crew members all the time and they can come up with some lulus that customers have laid on them. No respect at all. The actors job is a difficult one. Of this I know.

Comment

Yeah, we had a couple of people last night come through that were like that. It drives me crazy. I guess you just have to deal with it. Because usually after a couple of those groups, you get a really good group that is there to be scared and not ruin everyone's time.
      Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

Comment

As soon as the room was full a young female voice hollers out:"I'm suing if anyone does anything to me!"
        I turned up the lights looked her in the eye and said, "The door is right there, you may leave right now if that is your attitude."
        She calmed down very quickly and reversed herself quietly.
        I guess I'm a little more sensitive to this sort of BS because I am not treating people here with any aggressiveness or in-the-face nastiness.
        After meeting me in the first room and they see me doing all or most of their tour myself I like to think a certain amount of respect, me for them as shown by my behavior therefore they should treat me the same.
        This actually is what happens here the majority of the time and this is how I want it to be, it eliminates so many potential problems before they even get a toehold.
        Of course there are always some customers who forget this or don't notice it or forget where they are and act aggressive and overtly stupid to me, but they do this mostly towards my seasonal helpers who they probably do not feel as comfortable with.
        The customers talking between themselves as I am trying to entertain them is very distracting and doesn't set well with the rest of the paying customers after awhile but young girls do this (I think?) to create an artificial mental place for them to hide within whereas their present haunted surroundings have them too scared, in other words they don't want to be here confronted with the potential fears, so they stare into their friend's eyes and re-hash study hall and a note a boy sent to them, ex cetra loud enough for most of us to hear.
        I have married two women who met me coming through my haunted house........scary, huh?
        I guess that I'll do almost anything to try to scare somebody?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

dam jim you have 2 wives?i think i must be in the right bissiness then

Comment

one time some kid said to me "if you touch me I'll sue you" I said,"who's sue? Your big fat mother!" The kid never said another word while I was doing my room.

Comment

If he said he was going to "Sue" you, this could have meant a secks-change operation for you!
              Johnny cash sang it, "A Boy Named Sue!"
              Next time just tell them that your lawyer is I.M. Satan Jr. and their lawyer doesn't stand a chance in heL.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You just can't let those types of guests discourage you from doing your best. For every guest that heckles you, there is 10 more waiting to urinate themselves. Focus on the positive ones.
                "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
                -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I've developed a reply for the little Princesses who always toss out that "If anyone touches me, I'll sue!" line:

"If you'd like to find a lawyer, we have several piled next to the
                  crematory..."
                  "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

..and their new nubby horns are sprouting on their skulls as we speak!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yep, we compiled a list of "Snappy comebacks for stupid comments" a while back... it was pretty funny the ACTUAL stupid comments that patrons said... and even funnier the hilarious comebacks haunt actors had to burn them back with! It's here somewhere in the hauntworld archives (I think?)
                      Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                      The White Star Farm
                      "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

A friend was working in Mamouth Cave and the employees there have an actual book they keep track of the most stupid statements customers make.
                        The absolute best one was:"Is all of this cave underground?"
                        My response would have been :"Yes, except for the part that whips way up into the air about 150 feet."
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

what i cant stand is when ppl try to jump back at you after you have tryed to scare them its like what do you expect you going to get scared

the most and far most thing im pritty certin is if you get punched in the face "accidentally" as some put it pisses me off cuz ruins your night as well as the ppl in that group.

or drunk ppl thay are the worst cuz some that i have encountered have ether broke a prop or swung at me

well it comes with the fact of being an actor got to take good with the bad

Dr kalise

Comment

Customers like hitting our actors, its something they live with. Its terrible for sure...not much you can do about it. Its the life and times of a haunted house actor.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

RE: Don't you just hate...

I've long been an advocate of issuing billy clubs to cast members. After all, who's going to notice a few extra blood splatters here and there?...
                              "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Working...
                              X