Helmet Cam Video is HERE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff

I cant add anything to what you said in the above post. Looks like you have great ethics on a personal side as well as a business side. With that it is really notihng more anyone can ask for. Although keep in mind like I noted the Graystone seal of approval is equal to the Good House Keeping seal of approval.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Jeff...

There is something I can add to this it should have hit me with the post before this one. Just like Bad Vendors, Bad Buyers needs to be mentioned too. There is buyers who will not pay their bills I am sure as much as the bad vendors not shipping their products. With that ANY VENDOR who has been done wrong by a buyer call them out on it .The Vendors needs to know as much about the bad buyers as the buyers needs to know about the bad vendors. Say that fast 3 times and you win a free helmet cam. Shane@ Graystone Manor
      sigpic

Comment

I trhink that most of the people who like to see the tape from any helmet-cam I would be wearing all day would probably want the camera to be taking x-ray film so scientists could study my brain's internal workings, but no can do, this is classi-fried top sirloin, secret fried brain tomatoes, an old Warfield family recipeed right next to the centipeed.
        Two nights ago I recorded the screaming of a young woman here whose scream seemed to have the tonal qualities to shatter glass, and it was continuous for maybe 6 to 8 seconds!
        It was incredible. I'm thinking about putting a collection of such screams on my website as a sound track.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

One of the uses of the Helmet Cam is that you can record videos and post them on your website.

Well I just found out that it really works to help draw more people to your site since when we were testing it out at Erebus the kids that were helping us out loved watching their videos and since I posted it on the web they tell everyone they know to go watch it. That would be a great way to get more kids going to your website (and haunt) if you record them and put a bunch of clips on your website. You would not have to post the whole clip of one person just edit a few sec clips of a bunch kids and post them. I bet it would draw hundreds of additional people by just their word of mouth.

Math time!!! $10 haunt ticket (your not charging enough) times 200 people = $2,000
          Which pays for the Helmet cam several times over!
          Regards,
          Jeff Londos
          Monster-Tronics
          Innovators in Haunt Technologies
          www.Monster-Tronics.com
          Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Jeff are you coming to the MCHC meeting today? Derek would like to talk with you about the helmet cam.
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Yep, see you guys there.
              Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Work ethic

Jeff,
                thanks for posting your work ethic.
                Now we have even more in common.
                What I like about you posting this is now several vendors have posted their work ethic so other vendors can see how some vendors handle their business.

The strange thing is the day I changed my work phone over to cell was the day it made it eeeeeeeeeasy to take every call.
                Of course except when I am making molds or running foam. I can't just pull the respirator or put the mold material down. The callers just have to leave a message.
                But I do call as soon as I get done.
                I honestly think that has changed our business.
                Most people call and if you don't answer they may just move to the next option.
                I have hopes that our posting of this info has changed the industry, or given some vendors a standard to meet.

I hope to get to speak to you soon. We will be at MHC and Haunt Con.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I was standing tall on the soapbox that day. lol

That is too funny what you said about the phone ringing when you’re casting something. The phone can be quiet all day but a sure fire way to get it to ring is to mix something with a pot life of a minute, works every time!

We’ll be at both HC & MHC too, so we can get together and tip a few cold ones there and talk. I’d like to throw around the idea and see what you and others think of maybe forming a vendor coalition of sorts. I had talked to a couple of other vendors about this with the primary focus of protecting haunt vendors against the likes of Transworld and all of the stuff that has gone on there and maybe additional items like protect us against deadbeat customers, and even other vendors which focus on knock-off’s etc…

As vendors we don’t have additional time to waste on another association but let’s face it, the existing associations aren’t really designed to help us in any way other then maybe promote sales. I believe as vendors we have more power then we think. Haunters don’t come to TW to shop at the costume part of the show, they are going there to see and buy our products. TW is getting squeezed by other shows and large costume vendors and now is a good time for haunt vendors to do some squeezing too! The haunt part of the show has to bring in 800 to 1,000+ haunters and that is at least 10% of the attendance, maybe a lot more. If the 4,000 number is true that I heard at TW that gives us ¼ of the show.

If only there was 25 hours in every day, might have more time to fire up things like this…
                  Regards,
                  Jeff Londos
                  Monster-Tronics
                  www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

I brought up a petition idea to present to transworld.
                    I think this could be the first thing we could do.
                    I don't think Transworld understands why we need the show when we do. we are at a point where the show being in March is more important than where the show is. Ok, I mean NO to the Show in January in Chicago.
                    that is just plain stupid.
                    Stpid enough that I would seriously consider not doing Transworld at all and just fending for ourselves despite the fact I know Transworld generates a full 25% of our annual income.

So, I think your idea of a vendor led, vendor particating group is a great idea.
                    And I would still be a member of IAHA and HHA.
                    Both have their place.
                    But I seriously think that we do need a Vendor group that ONLY deals with vendor issues.

-Transworld Dates
                    -Or possible Haunt Vendor show, or having one of the existing shows move their dates to a more suitable time.
                    -Vendor professionalism criteria
                    -Deadbeat vendors
                    -Deadbeat buyers (luckily we have only had 2 in the course of 10 years that could actually effect our business, and both went to collections and the sad thing is both were considered friends). There is a lesson there.
                    -Ripoff vendors

See you got me thinking, and I am sure every other vendor has something to contribute.

We should get a round table discussion going on this subject.

Any vendor interested in this discussion please feel free to PM me about it, and maybe we can put together something
                    Last edited by Gore Galore; 04-13-2008, 08:51 AM.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

A petition is a great idea to get things started! There is no way I can have a bunch of new products ready to show by Jan, end of story. Large companies don’t have a problem with things like this because they have dept’s dedicated to R&D, and marketing, and production, etc, but smaller companies like us the owners have their hands in everything.

I live in Michigan and the weather sucks all year around, I don’t really care about the weather issues like a lot of people were saying. I would be nice to have it somewhere warm but there are more important issues like cost of the show and ease of doing it.

In my other life I traveled a LOT, and I’ll take smaller cities anytime over a large city like Chi. for getting around and doing business. Personally, when I go to a haunt show whether we are showing or just as an attendee, I go for the haunt stuff and to hook up with all of our haunt friends, I don’t go to try and make it a vacation on the side. If I want to go on a vacation, I do that. Haunting is too much fun to blow off any of it to see the sites, etc…

Agree with everything you have said, good stuff!!!

> -Or possible Haunt Vendor show, or having one of the existing shows move their dates to a more suitable time.

This is the thing to do in my opinion too, TW is a big boat that is sailing in the wrong direction for the haunt industry. We have some great dedicated Haunt shows today why not embrace them fully.

Sorry if this has been talked about in other treads, I try to keep up but have been really busy lately.
                      Regards,
                      Jeff Londos
                      Monster-Tronics
                      www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

We should move this to the vendor forum and get a discussion going on it.

And Scarefactory even needs from Nov to Jan to develop product. I think all vendors in the haunt section work this way.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Guys Count us in!
                          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Was just going to suggest that.
                            Regards,
                            Jeff Londos
                            Monster-Tronics
                            www.Monster-Tronics.com

Comment

Yes!

You guys totally need your own group! YOU are the guys that need to TELL Transworld what you need...

You need a group with a foucus on YOUR needs, just like haunters need one that focuses on them. (i.e. HHA)

Cool!

Thanks

Ben
                              NETHERWORLD
                              Ben Armstrong
                              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                              www.Fearworld.com
                              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Jeff, and Ben

I did post a new thread in the vendor forum,
                                Kevin R. Alvey