Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Opening

Friends,

We have a GREAT cast this year. New people and old alike, and the layout seems to work incredibly well. Verrrrrry cold tonight , in the 30's, and were outside, but not a bad turnout, lot of competition with ball games, billboards went up 3 days late, but I am thrilled with our show and cast.

I hope all haunters are as proud as I am of my gang, they worked their tales off.

KroneDaddy
    Hauntus Emeritus
    Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
    Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

CONGRATS, Krone D!!!!

Comment

Congrats, Krone Daddy! As evidenced by the obvious, anything that can go wrong most likely will, just roll with the punches! Hope the rest of your season is great!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Glad to hear you have a great team Tim! We've been fortunate to have an awesome team as well. It sure makes all the difference in the world! Wishing you continued success!!!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks Kel, now the problem is we have too many actors for me to pay. We have some great veterans, and some great new ones, we also have some vets that aren't as good as some of the new guys, I have to cut it off at 14 paid actors, the first 14 on the list, anyone else that show up is working for free. See my delimma, I want to be true to my dedicaed vets, but I need some of the new ones that are slow on getting on the sign-up.

I'd rather pay the best actors but I feel lotalty to my old guys.

Any sugegstions?

KroneDaddy
          Hauntus Emeritus
          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Maybe your typo-Fruedian slip of "Lotalty" is telling you what you will be doing?
            "Lo" = Low paid "Talty"=low total? Low total number of employees, or half-pay for the under achievers?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I the wage is profit related Can you agree to pay a wage if the ticket sales for that night exceed a certain number? (Your base profit) This way your volunteers may be keen to drive business to you as well?

We pay everyone. Can't use volunteers unless it is 100% for charity because of employment law. Everything has to be 100% on process. We are allowed an apprentice or trainee. But its only for few hours and then they go on a reserve list if we like them.

What we did was audition and interview everyone. We also put them on a temporary contract - freelance and had reserves. If any of the contracted ones don't turn up or under preformed we can replace them.

One of my friends is always eager to be a scarer and she is a nightmare. A complete diva. She wants the best pounce spot, can't pounce to save her life and starts complaining within an hour about being tired. I breathed a huge sigh of releif when she said she couldn't do it this year. I was geared up to say no and have a falling out with her in order to save the haunt!!

The most embarassing thing was when the press arrived last year and she pushed her way to be the star of the photo! She actually ordered me out of the shot. Even the photographer was horrorfied! I loved it when they didn't publish the shot because she was too 'cheesey'.

Comment

Working...
              X