Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Sorry...I Just Have to Say This.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sorry...I Just Have to Say This.....

........OOOOOOUUCCCCCH!!!!!!

My feet are KILLING ME!! And my knees are very close behind.

Opening was Friday for us and everything that COULD have gone wrong went wrong. Lots of crew members didn't show up......The talking skull that was suppose to tell our back story decided to get lockjaw so I had to step in and tell the story an unimaginable amount of times (I was damn good though. Worthy of an Oscar)......things were unorganized at times.....there were jerks....BUT, we did good. We heard sounds..the same unlimited sounds that encouraged me to call our haunt "The Scream Extreme" in the first place. We only lost two people at the 1st emergency exit. What we lost after that I'm not sure of. Overheard by staff, there was a small group that included people who said "we sucked." But, those type folks are everywhere. It did not bother me and I tried to ease her mind, as well. I know not everyone can be pleased. Okay, it did bother me a bit. :roll:
    But here's the BEST news!!!!!

My favorite news station came to film us. We were on the 11 O' freakin Clock News!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!! They did a nice blurb on us and included " It's for a great cause. Helping Autistic children." It warmed my heart to hear that.
    PLUS...one of the persons who showed up for media night is writing an article about us in his magazine and giving us FREE...I repeat...FREE ad space to let everyone know about us!!! How sweet is that!!! I'm hoping all crew members will show up tomorrow because due to the news, I think we're gonna be SLAMMED! It is so tough when you know you've built a good haunt and there aren't enough actors to work it.

190 unique visitors hit our site yesterday and although that is a flash in the pan for many...it's FREAKIN' AWESOME for us!!! This being our second season. Hell...I think I'm on to something here!

My dogs are not barkin' quite as much now. I guess the Viacondine is kicking in......

Congrats Gwen!!

Thats great news about the free adds and the news van, hope your parking can handle all that fun!

Did ya have any issues with your online tickets, or was it all gravy at that point?
    Heartstoppers
    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Originally posted by TerminalFrost
      Congrats Gwen!!

Thats great news about the free adds and the news van, hope your parking can handle all that fun!

Did ya have any issues with your online tickets, or was it all gravy at that point?
      Thanks, TF! And nope, no problems with the online tickets. At least that was ONE area that went smoothly.

Comment

Of all your crew members who didn't bother to show up.... What were their "excuses" for not being there?

At the local haunted attraction where I volunteer if they don't call (and they must have an acceptable reason for not showing) they are history! If they give an excuse such as "I'm sick" we always call them back later to verify and they are not there (after all they're supposed to be sick!), they obviously lied to us and they're gone!

So how do you handle things like this?
        The Haunter's Depot
        www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

HauntV,

we don't have the luxury of firing anyone as this is our second season and not many are begging to be a part of the crew....yet. I'm going to be making calls in a few moments to double check that everyone who signed up for tonight will be here. Other than that, if they don't show, we shuffle people around.

Comment

Congrats, Gwendel! It's great to hear the good news. You're right, there will always be one or two who don't know how to enjoy themselves. Overall, it sounds like you're on the right track!
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Nothing much to congratulate me about now. Saturday and Sunday had horrible attendances, I lost four of my crew members for good (I guess I was too bitchy and stressed) and I just wish mid November would hurry up and come.

I'm not liking the haunting business right now....not at all. :cry:

Comment

:cry: Sorry to hear that. Try to do something nice for yourself before you open for this weekend. Even if it's just soaking your feet and giving yourself a new coat of nail polish. Take a few minutes to relax. Remember that everything happens for a reason. You're doing this for a good cause. Take a breather. I will send good vibes your way this weekend for better attendance. I love ya, gal. You know we're all pulling for you!
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Thanks, Sweetheart.

Comment

Hey Empress,

I think most of us have been there at one time or another. Take a deep breath and remember why you are doing this. This too shall pass. I hope you have a much better time of it this weekend. We are all pulling for you.

Dave
                    Lords of Chaos, LLC
                    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

As for people saying, you sucked, we all must remember that, there are tons of ***holes that don't have any clue about the time, money and hard work that it takes to do a Haunted House. One time a few years ago, my father was doing a scene in the begining, and some young guy, made a rude comment. My father turned to him and stopped the show and said "Everyone here put alot of time and effort into doing this, don't ruin it for everyone with your comments". We didn't hear another peep out of him. Although I don't like confrontation, are they any other suggestions, as to how you all handle rude, insensitive jerks?
                      Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

"ways to handle people"......

Anyone can see our website and get a pretty good idea of what type of haunted entertainment we are offering here. Anyone can ask people they know who have been here and discover what we do here for a show, but some complain when they don't get any of the usual fare of gore or aggressive acting, "Oh, well, go to almost any other haunt and get this in varying amounts, as per-recipe....?
                        So this might be someone's first reason for being growly.
                        Since most of the show here is a tour guide narrating, interuptions getting nipped in the bud ( Bud lite?) is imperative for the rest of the people's opportunity to enjoy what THEY paid for.
                        My tour guides handle things however they wish , warning first then ejecting the troublemaker if need be.
                        I personally, usually enjoy alittle "back & forth" with a goofy customer because I usually win that contest whether it is of insults or simply trying to be funny, or any other informal competition that involves mere words.
                        I usually meet them intellectually trying to allow them to gracefully defer but , of course this doesn't always work so I have to make them look extremely stupid infront of everyone to shut them up (It's not too hard to do with many of them, either)
                        Am I that "brilliant" at insulting people? No. But I do have a wealth of previous experience in doing this and I have pretty much heard almost any comment someone like this will be making before.
                        Experience has prepared me.
                        Hey! It's a live show and often fairly spontaneous and most thinking beings seem to enjoy such a thing.
                        (Yes, unfortunately many disruptors are somewhat drunk)
                        One night a guy interupted me and loudly asked (infront of 15 customers)
                        "Have you ever had secz by yourself , all alone in a cornfield at night?"
                        I said ,"No." then proceeded to point out where an ear of corn could fit within his anatomy in pursuit of such an action.
                        He seemed all insulted by my suggestion. I was insulted that he thought he could say such things infront of my paying customers with impunity.
                        By the way, when he brought this subject up, there had been no discussion by anyone about anything even remotely close to the actions he illustrated and implied.
                        I really ruined the shock-value of his attempt.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X