No announcement yet.

Vegas Vs Chicago - Just my .002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, Universal rules!!!!! and thats just my .002 cents.lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I would agree with both of you...i love many things about both disney and universal, but right now im leaning towards universal since im on the brink of landing a job with them hehe.
      Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Orlando!

So the first day in Vegas, we saw the signs for TW in Chi-Town 09. We all thought it was crazy! We all sat down and agreed that it should be in Orlando the first day. Its totally crazy that most of you think that too! My vote is for Orlando in 09!
        My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

MY 2 CENTS!
          Okay im a first time VENDOR and i have to say I HAD A GREAT TIME! The union guys were expencive but not enough to break me. $400 for the teamsters. $400 for air. $186 for electrical. CATALOG ect. ect. ect.! Bottom line EVERYBODY i met was so nice and fun and interesting. I didnt meet one person that i didnt like whether they were costomers or vendors. I sold enough to cover my costs and make a liitle. As far as taxis, food and drinks go, well we stayed with in a half a mile so we walked a few times.
          We found a bunch of places that had good food and reasonable prices on drinks.
          OVER ALL IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE and i would go back. BUT there is NO WAY im going to CHICAGO in JAN. It sounds like a recipe for disater. I think the show attendance alone will be down vbased on the time of year.
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Anywhere But Vegas

I enjoyed the vendors and my gang but thats where it started and ended with me. The cigarette smoke killed me, and I was so sick to death of all the Mexicans poking cards in my face of the crab infested anal wart whores for rent out there. Most of the cooks and waiters had a chip on their shoulder. (most not all) it sucks a big inflatable penis for me. Lets move it back where we can be a family again. Hell I did not even get to stalk Larry like I wanted to. But theres other shows out there that I will get him!!!! And now you know the rest of the story!!!!!!! Keep the calls and emails coming Shane with Graystone!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Universal is geat, but lets face it there wouldn't be a Universal Studios if not for Disney. Disney is far and away more successful, that's why you never hear them mention Universal in their parks. Go to Universal, and they are constantly taking shots at Disney!!! They'll never match Disney completely but they'll never stop trying I'm sure which is good for us all because all the parks are great!

Allan

Comment

Shane, I gotta say you have a way with words!!!

Allan

Comment

Orlando would be great, but there is one downside. In Orlando you really couldn't have a tour. The only haunt I know of in the Orlando area is 'Skull Kingdom'. I guess it's just really hard for anyone to keep up with Universal's Horror Nights.

Other than the tour issue, I couldn't think of a better place to have it.
                  Jordan Renda
                  www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Maybe the show should come to the east coast for a change....great cities, tons of history, and dozens of great haunts!!!

Comment

Vegas way better!

As for a vender Chicago is expensive as well!
                      union union union, you have to deal with the union and thats at both locations. both in Vegas and Chicago, and yes Vegas is more on top of the union rules and probably cost venders more money then Chicago.

But Chicago in Jan, or Mar! thats just crazzzy! Both months see very bad weather and there could be lots of cancelled flights. And just to cold of weather.

But I would say this was the best decision Transworld has ever made going to Vegas! and if they go back to Chicago that would be the worst decision they have made.

Vegas was expensive but worth it! and a very very fun!
                      Theres more to do in Vegas then any other city!

Comment

I live in Oregon......

but Orlando sounds alot better than Chicago in Jan.
                        Whoa.........that was spooky!:twisted::evil::shock:

Comment

If you sat in traffic then you must have been on the strip. No one travels the strip that wants to get anywhere. Traffic didn't bother me at all

You have to know where to get a taxi if you want one ... and when. We didn't have any problems other then I think one of them was drunk or stoned, it was hard to tell. Plus getting six people into a normal sized taxi was interesting.

The only thing I didn't like about the show was they had very noisy people next to people who had to do a lot of talking. Any why did scarefactory have 1/2 of the dark zone. I wanted to see ALL of the blacklight, led light, flashy stuff in there ... not props that you could hardly see.

I was also VERY supprised to see how many children where running around!
                          ~HauntedWebby~
                          www.lazarusmaze.com
                          www.bbqandghosts.com
                          "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedWebby View Post
                            I was also VERY supprised to see how many children where running around!
                            Sin City's the new Chucky Cheese?

When did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              Sin City's the new Chucky Cheese?

When did this happen?
                              I don't know. Maybe Tue the door people decided to let everyone in. I saw lots of kids and people without badges.
                              ~HauntedWebby~
                              www.lazarusmaze.com
                              www.bbqandghosts.com
                              "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

We had a great time, met some great people and saw old friends in Vegas and I would much prefer Vegas in March over Chicago in January but Orlando would be perfect. I think the vendors will have a tough time getting their new products ready to show in mid January.

Now I'm not a function planner but here's my 2 cents:

1- Have in in Orlando but move into February. (after the Super Bowl)

2- Skip the tour and have a few informal haunter get-togethers at the end of the actual show (not during the show) like the "crazy Bob"/'last blast" type of networking sessions. They could be run several ways, either in a pavilion type place or one of the meeting rooms. One big session or several specific topic sessions, not like the current seminars but a more of an interactive, social event. Each day or session could also be a different topic geared towards the actual operations of a haunted event, acting techniques, and maybe make-up and other specialized people of the industry. Or it could be all in one night. I know this is sounding a lot like the current seminars but I think it should be a little different of a format. Maybe more of an audience participation type of thing and having a moderator actually moderating. : )
                                Question and answer sessions are usually great as well as the "Crazy Bob Social" and this years low profile "Last Blast" done by Rick Hanf. Over the years I have learned so much from these type of meetings. We could socialize, eat, have a few drinks, and learn a lot from the industry leaders as well and newbies. It could be run by Transworld but preferably not. It should also be open to all, not just one association or another. Or maybe the HAA ( Haunters Against Associations). J/K

I believe the vendors should not have to compete with seminars for their customers undivided attention. After-all, it is a trade show.

Any thoughts?

Wayne
                                www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Working...
                                X