TW now moving to Houston in 2009? !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW now moving to Houston in 2009? !!!

I dont want to be a "Chicken Little", but...

So I left Vegas around noon and on the shared ride to the airport, a few people on the ride were talking about how TW has changed their minds and are NOT going to Chicago after all. They are moving to Houson because Rubies and a few other companies refused to go. Anyone know if this is true? I asked these people 4-5 times to confirm and to make sure I was not getting the facts wrong or mistaken...
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Ron,

I just called Transworld and they are not leaking any information right now. She said she has received several calls concerning rumors, but she cannot reply with an answer. She said to keep checking the website for any updates.

Comment

LOL, all this intrigue! Yesterday when I heard this story, I contacted someone whom I thought would be able to confirm. They did confirm that the hallowen part is pulling out but kind of made me believe the haunt part will be in Chicago in Jan. LOL I feel like such an old lady spreading gossip....!!!

Comment

If I were a betting man

I would say that they really honestly don't know yet. I have helped organize events much smaller than this and when it's over you're just glad it's over. You need a little time to unwind and sort through things. You don't want to rush into a big decision based on the comments of a relative few.

Comment

xxxdirk, I heard the same thing.
          I believe a split will happen and the haunt part will be in Chicago.
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com
          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Hey Jeff, GREAT meeting you and talking shop and scuba with you and thanks for the great "dinner and a show" with Rusty....

Comment

If TW is moving to Houston in '09 then why did they already have huge signage and postcards all over the exhibit halls with "Transworld '09 Chicago"?

- Rex W.

Comment

I guess no one read my post on the other thread... LOL

Anyway that is not true. There are power brokers on the other side trying to create a new show if anything they might change their minds and go to Chicago.

Transworld could change their minds and keep with March in Vegas.

Who knows.

But I said in the other post you'll have to wait about 6 weeks to let everything shake out ... but something is going to happen and trust me you'll find out.

I just wouldn't make any plans to go anywhere yet.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The only thing that I heard in Vegas was that Rubies and some other companies didn't want to go back to Chicago. I also heard that the Union out in Vegas was pretty bad so I am hoping they move somewhere else for these vendors!

-Garry Richwine Jr.
                  My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

Transworld the company has to be the most unorganized, screwed up, un professional company I have ever heard of! 1st they move to Vegas, then have banners and postcards all over the place saying Chicago and the PRESIDENT come on stage and announce Chicago, and then within the span of 3 days change their minds? It is one screwed up company. They claim they did not know about Rubies booth size and their show & other stuff, then they are idiots! If they go back to "Suckas" I am not going. Too much money for cabs and food and too much BS.

I will spend my 09 money at Hauntcon and MWHC and tell TW to shove it!

Comment

Since I just left Vegas I'm in a betting mood.

I bet I'll see you all in Vegas before Chicago.

Of course I'm just playing the odds
                      ~HauntedWebby~
                      www.lazarusmaze.com
                      www.bbqandghosts.com
                      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Transworld has told me they're going to Chicago 2009 not Houston and not Vegas. But I heard a rumor that they've already paid a deposit on Vegas, and will cancel Chicago. But I haven't heard a word about them moving to Houston.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR... they are NOT going to Houston. I talked to the guy who runs the show in Houston, and he said they tried to get more space but can't. They only have 300,000 square feet and the TW show is about 5 to 600k.

Transworld is NOT going to Houston!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Larry, whats the name of the show that will be in Houston?
                          Brad Bowen
                          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Halloween and Party Expo I think.

And TW has nothing to do with the thing, and the hall is too small for the show TW produces so seriously TW isn't going to Houston. Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                              Larry, whats the name of the show that will be in Houston?
                              HauntCon is in Texas this year.
                              ~HauntedWebby~
                              www.lazarusmaze.com
                              www.bbqandghosts.com
                              "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
                              X