No announcement yet.

Best scare for EXIT scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We would drop the ceiling for the last room scare. Very effective.

Comment

We try and change the last scene every year.

One time we did the evil clown with a spark fence

The year before we built the last scene to look exactly like the first. The people thought they were back at the beginning, where a dummy was standing. But this time it was a real actor there. This really got them
      Slash
      "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
        We would drop the ceiling for the last room scare. Very effective.
        Could you reply with details on this?Or send me a PM? We were looking into making soemthing like this.
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Usually a "Drop Pants" effect is cheaper though. just don't accidentally pull all of them down.
          Anything suspended above customers should also have safety steel cables or chains to catch everything if something else comes loose and try to have a different point where these are secured rather than the same beam the rest of it is hung from.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by HalloweenHaunts View Post
            Just putting the last touches on our "House" plans and wanted a little input. Went to forty haunted attractions this past season and pretty much the SAME exit scene of the chainsaw was utilized in 98% of them. Anyone using or have seen a proven EXIT scene ,besides the chainsaw, that still gives the audience that BANG for their buck, that they so much are craving? The 2% exit scenes not using the chainsaw were a let down to the customers interviewed on their way out. Just curious?
            Ken
            Ken,
            We are going to use the chainsaw this year for our haunted house but here is another good suggestion. Build a very small room from wood (home depot or lowes etc.) Then place actors in front of the room. As soon as the victims come out there are at least 5 monsters in front of them. They can get in the patrons personal space or just chase them off. The monsters should not let them out of the room. Hope it helps!

Mitch

Comment

"Monsters" pretending to be statues of course!
              Don't forget the faux- pigeon pooh for realism.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I hate chainsaws! They cost me a lot of money each year. Do I use them? Unfortunately. Why, because the customer wants them!

Cliché? absolutely! But then again so are dark hallways, blood, monsters, vampires, corpses, skeletons, and yes even clowns! I use a cahin saw, others in my market don't. I hear customers talk about my competitors and say " yeah, their haunt was OK but they didn't have a chain saw".

I always wanted to have a final scare where you see broken chainsaws strewn about, the "chainsaw guy" stuck to the wall in mid stride with machetes. Maybe spray painted over with big lettering saying "No CHAINSAW!" Then you chase them out with a leaf blower!!! They'll still run, then laugh!!!

Two years ago we allowed the daughter of a fellow haunter work our haunt. She had a gutted nonworking chainsaw. She hid near the exit. Regular BIG Chainsaw Dude chases them down the long exit hallway. He stops and she chases them out the door! The audience and others in the group are now laughing going "SHE chased you out!!! You sissy!!!" They wouldn't do it with every group, usually just picked on the groups with a big "macho" guy at the end. It was a good effect. Entertaining (well maybe not to the big guy who got ribbed for running from a 4 foot girl in a dress with a chainsaw!)

I'd LOVE not to use a chainsaw,but smart business says the customer is always right!
                Last edited by RJ Productions; 04-04-2008, 02:37 AM.
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

What haunter doesn’t have a love/hate relationship with the all mighty chainsaw???

Rich, that is the funniest gag I’ve heard of in a long time, great idea!!!

I think I would give the girl one of those really crappy toy chainsaws that you can get for $15.

Do you have her dressed up like she was going to Sunday school too with cute little ribbons in her hair?
                  Regards,
                  Jeff Londos
                  Monster-Tronics
                  Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                  www.Monster-Tronics.com
                  Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

As some of you know I do a very different "chainsaw" routine. It must have impressed another haunted house, I mean, why else would they have copied my routine? I'm not sure they took the time to do it right though because everything we do here takes time to make it happen anywhere near "right", meaning fully-effective.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X