Skulltronix at TW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skulltronix at TW?

Since i've been in Orlando on vacation for the past month, I wasn't able to make it to Transworld. I've been hearing about Skulltronix's new "Skeletron" animated skeleton body, and was looking forward to reading reviews about it on here after TW... However, I haven't even seen it mentioned on here yet! It looke like Jerry has some of his new stuff on his site, but not the skeleton body. Did anyone see it at TW, or did something happen that made him not able to bring it with him?

Skeltron was at TW, it was a close thing, but Jerry pulled a tremendous effort out the bag and we got it running, ran pretty reliably too.

We also had the ghost bust, Magic motion on display as well.... Exorcist and BoC were there, but it was hard for us to sell those products in the dark zone, there are suggestions to rethinking our strategy next year

Comment

The Dark Zone is mainly a fun display area, I seem to remember different vendors finding out that is all it is, not a place to really make many sales, too dark, too noisy.
      Why Transworld has never given much thought or planning to the noise level of the Dark Zone or to the entire vendor area has always amazed me.
      They have those heavy, thick curtains that could be hung around the places where mostly talking is to be happening, or hang them around the very noisy vendors, the air cannons, confetti cannons, the real dynamite displays....
      Yelling into someone's ear while you are right beside them has always seemed really stupid to me. Maybe someone should offer sign language classes or have big chalk boards at each booth?
      I wonder if any major mis-communications concerning an order or payment has ever happened because nobody could actually hear what the other person was saying?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lighting is a critical feature with all SkullTroniX products, it made sense for us to be in the darkzone.... BUT doing business in there is not easy, the noise and darkness created many problems... especially when you have something as technically advanced as Exorcist and BoC, which requires a lot of communication in order for customers to appreciate the benefits.

This was SkullTroniX's first year having its own TW booth, before SkullTroniX operated out of a corner of shared 10x10 booth.... but just a year ago there was just the one product, now there are EIGHT, and we probably only did justice to 4 of them in the Darkzone.... how we solve this problem in the future will probably be a matter of some discussion.

Comment

Do you know if/when Jerry plans to put videos of the new products on the webpage?

Comment

Their products are so far ahead of everyone else as far as technology. They are the future of the haunt industry.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I'm more impressed with how they manage to make their advanced products so easily understandable for everyone. On top of that, their customer service is better than any other company, period.

Comment

Grimley

The technology that they are using has been out there for a while, they are just ahead of the game here getting it out, someone less skilled will do knockoff (you know who you are) because they can't come up with their own ideas.

Comment

Surviving Transworld

Well I guess my late night efforts to get everything to and from Transworld were a bit much for my feeble body. The day I returned home I went straight to bed and stayed there for 24 hours. The first thing I did when I got up was to try unloading the truck. In the process I ruined a few ribs and ended up in the emergency room for 6 hours.

Now I'm home in bed catching up on paperwork and hoping the two Bryans will bail me out on the dirty job of unloading the truck and trailer.

The show was a lot of fun. The noise and the darkness were difficulty to adjust to and we often had to drag customers out of the dark zone to talk.

The SkeleTron was assembled for the first time the night before the show. We had never actually had it all together before the show so I was very surprised that it not only worked but was very reliable all through the show. We never had it programmed to match any of the routines so it just sort of randomly went through some motions to show off the flexibility and range of motion. Once we have Mike do his magic on it it will look very real. This was also just the first prototype. The final version will look and perform better and be easier to service.

Bryan's Magic Motion system was a blast to use. This was actually my first time to use it and it felt very natural and was quite fluid and realistic. My only objection was that it was hard to tell which position the eyes were in when the skull was facing away but Bryan is going to fix that before we ship by changing the way the eye position is displayed on the screen. Several customers tried it as well and picked it up immediately. The fact that it doesn't require any training or calibration makes it actually usefull in the real world.

Mike's Ghost Bust was the biggest hit of the SkullTroniX booth. Talk about simple! It consists of a projector and a plastic bust. It is also the most reliable product I can imagine. The projector is LED powered so it has a lamp life of 100,000 hours. The trick is in the video. Mike has spent many weeks creating the videos and their quality really grabs the viewers. Many people stayed and watched it over and over. I particularly like the guy who told his wife it was a hologram! Another guy thought it was a flexible skin over one of our skulls. Dozens of men stayed and discussed how to build their own. Always entertaining!

I apologize if any of you tried to get to talk to us but couldn't. It was hectic. But feel free to call me anytime at 916 600-2295. I'm not going anywhere......

Thanks for all the kind words and support.

The show prices are in force until March 31. Order 3 Ghost Busts and get them for $1100 each.

Comment

Glad to hear all went well. The emergency room is never fun, but I bet you had one hell of a story for the nurses, huh? All the new stuff sounds amazing... can't wait to see videos!

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                      The technology that they are using has been out there for a while, they are just ahead of the game here getting it out, someone less skilled will do knockoff (you know who you are) because they can't come up with their own ideas.
                      I think everyone uses someone else's technology. Isn't that the way history has worked?

Comment

Does anyone know when Skulltronix will have a video of the Haunted Bust up on the website? I'm dying to see it in action!

Comment

Originally posted by ScaryJerry View Post
                          I think everyone uses someone else's technology. Isn't that the way history has worked?
                          It's called competition... it's what keep businesses running and new ideas coming! And I don't think you can call dibbs on technology

Comment

New SkullTronix SkeleTron and GhostBust videos

We just posted some rather poor video of the GhostBust and SkeleTron.. I didn't shoot it!

Sorry about the quality. We'll produce some better video soon. Please note the SkeleTron wasn't programmed for the routine, it was just moving around to show the range of motion. It looks a lot robotic but won't when properly programmed.

http://skulltronix.com/vids/GhostBustWeb.mov
                            http://skulltronix.com/vids/SkeleTronWeb.mov

The show sale is extended until April 5th now since we've been so slow to recover from the show.

Best regards

Jerry
                            916 600-2295

Comment

What's the price on the GhostBust? I didn't see it on the web site.
                              sigpic
                              Louis Brown
                              Owner, operator, and dish washer
                              at
                              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                              X