Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music?

Would you use a download service to purchase haunt music?
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

meening something like Kaaza(free)? or a pay service like Napster or Itunes?
    www.Doomsdayproductions.com
    www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

meaning a pay-per service....

I have two contracts on my desk to finish and I'm not sure
      if it's worth the time and trouble....

Comment

Well, it maters on the service. I probably would if it was on the right service. Whice services do you have a contract for Virgil?
        Ben Fox
        Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

Comment

yes, i think i would, depending on service as Ben said of course.
          www.Doomsdayproductions.com
          www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

I purchase lots of music online. I have accounts at several places. I'm one of those people who like it cheap and NOW. I don't want to wait for a CD in the mail.

I'm also one of those people who hate to purchase whole CDs. If I like one song I don't want to pay $20 for stuff I don't like.
            ~HauntedWebby~
            www.lazarusmaze.com
            www.bbqandghosts.com
            "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

I prefer buying used or closeouts, so I dont pay full price, except in rare instances. Would not mind an online purchase, but some music DOES show differences when converted to mp3. There is this song I licensed for my haunt, and when its turned to mp3, you can hear the different. Sigh...
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Right now I'm looking at Darkcelldigital and iTunes......I'm still in the valley of decision so.....

My concern is that converting at a lower resolution of MP3 WILL cause noticable audio degredation in my music. Some services don't ride the line on making sure the compression ratio on the mp3 they render is at broadcast quality.

Call me picky but I want to make sure that the music doesn't suffer just for the sake of convenience.

I'm at the point of offering my work from my site in high rez mp3's

Comment

I prefer to have a CD shipped.

In answer to your question Virgil; if I were given the option to download or obtain a CD, I would choose to wait for the CD to be shipped to me. I like the tangibility of the CD and I like to have the insert page with the CD, the list of songs, etc. I do like immediate gratification, however, and if I were given the option for a couple extra bucks to download the music and have the CD shipped to me, I'd probably go this route. :wink:

Kelly
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I buy all my music on CD's, and never plan to ever download anything. I'm a DJ by profession, and am required to have a hard copy of all the music I have/play. Therefore in reference to your question, No, I would not download it.
                    Steven
                    Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Right. The issues involved in music copyright alone would make a DJ shy away from download/ burn services....

I'm seeing a real split here.....what that tells me is what I figured all along;we are a country divided

Seriously: most folks in my age dynamic like the idea of having a CD in their hands that they didn't burn....with cover art and liner notes....remember LPs? I use to have small art shelves in my room... the LP art was *art* in alot of cases.....

on the other side...

lots of younger folk....all due respect.....would raither download and could give a flying firetruck less about cover art and such...they are simply buying the music....

Comment

Virgil, you just made a great point. When I buy my CD's, I enjoy looking through all the art contained within the covers and books. I also read the thank-you's, and what equipment the musicians are using. Like your CD's tell me you use keyboards, and various types of software.

On the other hand, younger people are more into the computer stuff, and would rather download stuff (whether they pay for it or get it free; that's their choice).

I've used a couple computer programs for playing music, but have had the programs and/or the computer crash (four times in two hours on a professional program). Therefore I refuse to use this type of music player.
                        Steven
                        Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

ah..technology is great...when it works!!

slightly off-topic....

Demented Dave's HAG is one haunt-related program that, I feel, shows tremendous promise....

I use Reason, Sonar, Acid and Ableton Live.....all programs for the techno-control-freak.

The concept of giving someone complete control over the sonic side of the haunt experience is very intriguing.....

I really feel Dave in on to something here....

BTW: the HAG demo will be on all of my music room computers this fall...

Comment

Originally posted by virgil
                            Demented Dave's HAG is one haunt-related program that, I feel, shows tremendous promise....

BTW: the HAG demo will be on all of my music room computers this fall...
                            Oh ya .. I've see the first version of HAG to it's present version. It's programmed by someone who appreciates what a haunter is looking for is sounds. Great software .. worth every dime!!!
                            ~HauntedWebby~
                            www.lazarusmaze.com
                            www.bbqandghosts.com
                            "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
                            X