Latex/Toilet paper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex/Toilet paper.

Saw some pictures from a few guys that use toilet paper and latex to create really gruesome skin tears and cuts, and even have some covering their mouth and eyes. Anyone know this technique? Think it would be a great addition to a room at the haunt if I knew how to apply it.

It depends on how much respect you have for the individual. The proper way it to make the prosthetic on a life cast or even a partial life cast of a part of the face to be made up. The area is covered with alginate and then backed by plaster or plasterbandages and removed. Then the mold is poured with plaster. This "plug" is the replica to the part or whole face to make masks or appliances upon. Some kind of release agent and then your latex mixtures and so on.

You can if the person is not alergic to latex (pretesting a spot before proceeding) you can apply directly to the skin but over an eye or mouth should be done off the subject and applied with spirit gum.

If you have no reguard for the individual at all, simply use latex and kleenex to cast over the eyes and mouth, nose holes and ear holes directly and spin them around a few times and leave. Chances are there will be a lot of flayling when you get the mouth and nose covered and it might require an assistant. Of course this is how so many get caught, having a witness.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

okay, so I just use latex to adhere kleenex to say...someones arm, and let it dry, then do cosmetics, and create tears where I need them basically?

Comment

One guy at the haunt I work at just covers himself in paper towels then puts latex over that and paints it. He makes all kinds of shapes with the towels. It looks cool.
        Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

Comment

I think i'm gonna try it out tomorrow when I get off work. Thanks guys. I'll post some pics when i'm done.

Comment

If you have good luck doing this and you think you'll need alot of it I can make you a deal on bulk shipments of second-hand toilet paper.
            I'm hooked up with an underground carrier who works dirt cheap.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here is a pic of my attempt at it. It's actually VERY easy to accomplish. Probably going to use it for my character on media night, and see how good of a reaction I get. I'm gonna do my entire face and add some grey to it for more of a "dead" look. Lemme know what ya think.

Comment

Pretty easy stuff, eh?

I made my first gorilla face 20 years ago with a bottle of liquid latex and a few of my wife's cosmetic cotton balls. I used a soft brush to apply the latex to my skin, then let it dry to a tacky state. I put on thin layers of cotton and brushed on latex, slowly building up the face. I had an afernoon to kill, and ended up making the entire face, complete with a set of good old plastic werewolf teeth, cut into uppers and lowers and properly placed outside of my own lips and within the built-up lips.

It took a long time, and was a little hard on the eyebrows (some of them never grew back), but I used that set of cheap but convincing latex prosthetics for about 15 years. I just didn't know any better!

Yes, you can do a lot with latex and tissue, including some pretty convincing aged flesh. Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

I like it, it isn't every day you see someone hit in the side of the face with a lazer beam! Or doing a tune up on the family microwave? Fun time with muriatic acid? Acne solutions gone wrong? What Mom never told you about jelly fish?

I'm just kidding, yes combined with some grey it is instant zombie rot. It does look great.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

1 important tip

go and get yourself a glue stick. These are the glue sticks that you get your kids for elementary school to glue paper together and things. They are water based. Put it on any hair you have on your face, including eyebrows and hair line if you think you're going to get latex on it. This prevents the latex from sticking to the hairs and makes your life a whole lot easier.

Comment

Now that's a good tip. Our makeup counter will include some glue sticks this weekend!
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

For my character at Kings Island they use tissue paper and latex to create "wrinkles". I am suppose to be an old sheriff! Then they airbrush on the skin tones and shadows!

Great pic... I agree with the zombie rot make-up, it would look cool as hell! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'll post some pics of our opening night next week, and show ya what my final application will look like. Gonna do the zombie thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X