Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall materials

Hello everyone,

I would like to get the input from pros. we are opening a haunted attraction at a fair grounds in a barn. Some of the people in our group would like to use fireproof plastic sheeting for the dividers between the walkways as walls. I have never seen this form of walls used in a pro haunted attraction. I have only seem wall panels built out of solid materials.

Please give us your thoughts on this.

Thank you for all of your help, and tips.

I dont like to use anything but plywood. It holds up to abuse and is reusable year after year. The investment will be more but it will payoff in the long run. If your trying to produce a professional image I dont think plastic is the way to go. You didnt say if this was a one time event or you want it for multiple years. If it is multiple years I say go with wood! Just my opinion.
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

annual event

N2SPOOKINU,

First off thanks for your input. Second yes the plan is to produce the show on a yearly basis. Yes the wood was my thoughts, more durable, can create designs on the wooden wall panels. and yes as you said much more professional looking. Not to mention more cost effective over long term.

Thanks again

Comment

An elbow or a fist could come through the plastic sheet wall and clobber someone, employee or customer.
        If fire proof plastic was put over an exterior wooden wall this would maybe help confuse the customers as to where they are in the building.
        Just leave some of the barn's old manure piles the stink can be "Rotting Bodys" many people's sense of smell will often be fooled by this, their nose just tells them "bad" and a suggestion or two takes over from there.
        I know of at one place where this is what they do and it works for them.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Walls!!!

Personally I like brick or stone, it may take a little longer to set up and tear down but you can't beat it for strength!!!! Sorry I've been drinking with Scarefactory's creative team!!!
          Scott Murphy- Owner/Operator www.theshadowsedge.com KICKING & SCREAMING!!!

Comment

That's funny.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I probably could not have finished my concrete exit tunnel complex if I had been a drinker. My whip hand would have been holding the can, the small shovel was in my other hand.
              I had to use that whip on me everyday sometimes all day long.
              I must hate me a lot?
              Yes I also used real stones and bricks for two secret passage doors, using "real" fools many, they tap on them, rub them and don't try to push on them because they are real and assumed to be solidly part of the wall.
              When I was in the JCs I was the one who got to pick up everyone else's empty beer cans in the haunted house ..maybe that was when I decided I could do it all by myself, build and run a haunted beer can-less house.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X