Be Creative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Creative

If you wanted a head count... Lets just say it's a free event, no ticket sales. Outdoors, with minimal staff, 200+ participants, at least, but you want a somewhat accurate number. How would you suggest recording a round about number of participants?
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

ariel shot of the crowd and count heads, lol

Comment

Terminator robots
      after the fact video count
      free door prize tickets/raffle opportunity for low priced thing
      radio drequency ID chips
      candy handed out and count of pieces
      event pins to collect
      lab guy measuring and documenting forehead dimensions of each patron
      bouncers that can count above 10

handing out fliers or little cards(counted) that disclose that this is a free event, please enjoy yourself but don't pee on anything. This could be a small treasure map where like 6 copies are on one sheet of paper and cut with scissors. Or the telling of the back story.

Something weird like everyone must have a #2 pencil to reenter the real world.
      Exit survey
      counter on an air cannon
      home made decoder lists of secret words written on things.

Everyone must have a shock collar issued
      dna samples
      holding pens
      ear tags
      midgets with rubber stamps

gum museum where everyone must chew and leave an exhibit (different extraction techniques if they are hot)

Everyone must have a magic rock (per polished, purchased stones) and give them to the wizard

ration toilet paper at the porta pottie, pre numbered segments. Free mass quantites of a dyaretic bevrage from a sponsor.

Invite out of work, compulsive disorder inflicted bean counters. They will be compelled to tell you the final number.

Roaming monsters counting their own groans.

wrist bands saying this meat has been inspected.

delousing chambers before entering the property.

Card table to check in, get the facts, enter in the free raffle sign a guest book, get a card with the website for future updates or news letter,

A desk in a field with a guy sitting there, "now for something completely different".
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
        Invite out of work, compulsive disorder inflicted bean counters. They will be compelled to tell you the final number.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Those are some good ideas. We did a video count last year, but it was a pain.

Comment

Having them sign up for something might not work too well. "No spam for me, thank you!"
          Fear of being on a mailing list and just plain apprehension about someone new having any info at all are now common concerns.
          When I began here I would be standing outside in the parking lot putting on a friendly face(that I had surgically removed the night before)and introducing myself, a majority of these strangers would come back with a very limited description of themselves, usually :"I'm John, from.... The City."
          Even though "The city" can be taken to mean Chicago since it is just 3 hours away, often times they were lying because they lived closer being from a suburb..but a smaller suburb does narrow down the search if I was going to be flying in their bedroom window later and chewing upon a neck or two, now doesn't it?
          People can be so silly.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

More Ideas

Invite Dustin Hoffman and get a little "rain man" action going
            Invite the "Counting Crows" band
            Co sponsor a mathlete event of MIT wanna bes.

Make it a Haunted Chinese tea party and count the shoes at the door, divide by two unless you note a peg leg or something.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"Call me now, child!

Comment

Every customer must be represented by a corresponding voodoo doll. A smaller easier to count thing. Then patronage can be expressed in bushels.

What's your throughput? 4 bushels an hour.
                sigpic

Comment

That is such a terrific idea! But now I will be spending all summer making Voodoo dolls! Can't let anyone in without one.
                  Of course this will slow the lines down as they sort through picking the one that most looks like them.
                  "Here's your doll it looks just like you, it has pimples on it's face!"
                  "I don't have pimples."
                  "Yes you do."
                  "No pimples on my face."
                  "Well you got them now , since you touched that first pimply doll!"
                  "AAAUGH!"

(Hide the red marker alongside your sleeve)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Today's idea is to steal one of those automatic flushing urinals. As people walk by exactly 1.3 gallons of water goes down the drain. A large tank can be pre measured to reveal the number of flushes hence the number of those attending. Or the amount of the water bill is sort of an algorithm.

The neighbors swimming pool could be a water supply. Usually 30,000 gallons, getting down to the low end would be great attendance. You will have to shut off the pool miser that automatically fills the pool to measure in inches. Or read THEIR water bill and do not allow them to use the bathroom or kitchen in the name of science.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hahahahahha... I could just see myself trying to steal a urinal. That might be a little awkward.

Comment

Stealing a wall hung urinal?
                        Just carry it out held up against your front and tell them you got stuck in it, that's what I did!
                        Remind them:"One size does not fit all."
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X