My wife and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife and I

attended the TW/Haunt convention in Vegas, and we had a great time. From meeting a lot of nice and helpful vendors, to seeing all the great props and sfx,and going on the tour,it was all wonderful.

Today we were talking at lunch, and we came to the conclusion that we need more BLOOD and gore in our Haunt .( We found out it's not called a Haunted House, just a Haunt)

We do a small haunt that serves as a fund rasier for the local Elks Lodge, and we raised a whopping $3500.00 last year.

It's a step up from a home haunt, but not a big commercial haunt. To be honest with you all,after seeing all the cool things in Vegas, we don't know how we scare anybody. When the lights are on before we start Haunting, we always look around and say " This is Stupid,this won't scare a sole." And yet we manage to scare a lot of people.

We use a combo of Static,Actors,and Animatronics, again all terms we picked up last week. LOL

Anyway a big thank you to the Vendors(Froggy Fog,Gore Galore) for thier suggestions and we will be spending the rest of our Big $500.00 buget soon.LOL

Thanks again
    Mike and Mary
    Last edited by Ratbitw; 03-25-2008, 10:06 PM.
    Whoa.........that was spooky!:twisted::evil::shock:

Welcome Rabbit! Glad you had fun at TW and make sure you watch this forum closely. This can be a great inspiration for ideas and many of us can offer you some great advice.
    Don't knock your haunt. Remember, there are many on this board that spent all kinds of money on our haunts. Everything from the seriously crazy, "Oh yeah, I spent $45,000 at Oak Islands booth alone" to you, to those of us that spent somewhere between. We are all trying to do the same thing scare and entertain our customers come the fall...
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Dirk is correct .. not everyone uses all that stuff and still scares people

Haunted Attractions come in many sizes, shapes and feels. If you make a profit you are doing great!
      ~HauntedWebby~
      www.lazarusmaze.com
      www.bbqandghosts.com
      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Yes, I was thinking about reinvesting maybe $50,000 in borrowed money (since there are now three competing banks in this village of 1,700 retired and unemployed people)
        Maybe bullet proofing on my high tower in back and a remote control gun turret for it?
        This would scare some people!
        Those noisey Fed-x and UPS jets fly over here every night at the same time, flying kind of low every night...
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Welcome to the board ratbit , an glad as well to hear you enjoyed Transworld, I dont think Ill EVER FORGET my first transworld.....WOW!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Welcome to the boards, Rabbit. Nice to have you along for the ride. The above post is correct, keep your eyes peeled here! You can find many ways to stretch that budget as far as it can go from postings on great discounts to where to find DIY projects!

And never hesitate to ask questions, we'll throw our .02 your way if you ask for it!
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

..but if you keep asking the wrong questions the hit squad of little old Church ladies will find you and beat you up, as per instructions leaving no marks and drawing no blood, but you will never be the same!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X