For whatever its worth, just heard from Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For whatever its worth, just heard from Transworld

So I had called them earlier this week and they got back to me moments ago. According to them, the show WILL be in Chicago at the Rosemont Jan 16-19. Course, I will not believe it til I am standing at the center, but just wanted to pass it on.....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Copied email I just got:

Also, I had gotten an email from them like Wed thanking me for attending so I had replied wondering what is going on. Here is a copy of the email that was in my mailbox a few moments ago....

Thank you for your message. There were many rumors floating around the
    show floor in Las Vegas. We are DEFINITELY holding our 25th Anniversary
    Show on January 16-19, 2009 at the Rosemont (Chicago) Convention Center.

We are expecting record breaking attendance and look forward to seeing
    you there.

Please reserve these dates!

Regards,

Steve Stillson
    Senior Vice President
    TransWorld Exhibits
    1850 Oak Street, Suite 100
    Northfield, IL 60093-3077
    847-446-8434 Ext. 219
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I hope it is in Rosemont in 09. I mean I will go anyway if it isn't, but I would prefer it to be back in Rosemont. I know the weather will probably suck but I will deal with it.
      Jared Layman

Comment

Maybe the people who run Transworld might be pandering to the new costume company Yeti International specializing in Abomable costumes all blizzard rated!?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i got an e-mail from them too. it stated that over 9,000 guests attended the show. wasnt the expected number like 30,000 or something or did i dream this. seems alittle off the mark.
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Bad idea!!!! I have read nearly every post related to Transworld and it seems like the only people who want it in Chicago are the ones who live within driving distance.....It was there for what, 12 years prior? It's boring up there, cold as hell, and it ran it's course. So many better cities were mentioned for the convention. Having a convention in Chicago in January makes no sense. Now they might as well really mess things up and move the Bloody Mary cruise to during hurricane season!

Can someone do something on the rest of our behalf? Let's get behind Rubies on this and make a stand!!!!

Darkangel

Comment

This is Just me!

I am from the south in Bama Roll Tide Country!!!!!! Myself and crew love to go to Chicago love seeing the snow and the cold dont bother us its a nice change! Thats just my poinion. But let me say this Orlando has been mentioned let me tell you if you thought Vegas was high just move it to Orlando and be ready to offer your first born child to them Vegas is the projects compared to Orlando as far as prices go. But anyway I loved the closeness and how people get together and talked in Chicago that did not happen this year in Vegas and I missed it. Dont get me wrong for 100.00 I could get a crab infested anal wart toating whore for conversation every ten feet! Chicago is cool with me. Bring on the cold and the snow we gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

People get together at the crown to talk because there is absolutely nothing else to do. Orlando is not as expensive as Vegas, come on now! It is expensive but not Vegas expensive. Maybe have the show in Chicago itself then, not in some boring suburb!!! Hey you're from Bama, why not move it down there!!!!

Darkangel

Comment

Even though it's a 4 hr drive to Chi town for me and half the price, I'm pretty tired of it.
                  I might be passing on it this next year and catch the earlier show with Rubies.
                  Thanks, Jeff
                  www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                  www.HauntForum.com
                  www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Thank you Jeff! I hope that's a sign of things to come!!!! Houston sounds like a great city to play host to a new start!

Darkangel

Comment

Graystone that was so funny!

You just made me fall out of my chair laughing!
                      About the whore remark, sorry if your a kid under 18 do not read that remark.giggles

Hey we are in BAMA too! Its hot here and Chicago will be a nice change, we are
                      definately going in 2009!!!

Huggs everyone
                      Kimmy
                      Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

Jeff failed to Mention that Rubies doesnt want a HAUNTSHOW at the RETAIL show.
                        thus there not being a Hauntshow in Houston...... I fear that 2009 is going to be a clustercluck
                        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Someone better commit soon

If you want a building that big you have to let them know way in advance. If they can't get a big show, most centers have the capability to partition the room and solicit two or more smaller events.

Comment

Kimmy, that' the problem, Chicago is not a change, it's the same ol' same ol'. It was in Chicago for what, 12 years in a row? You midwesterners are spoiled!

Body bagging, if the Halloween and haunt shows are split, the show would be pretty lame for us. The haunt section is so small it's one and done. Rubies seems to have more power than the whole haunt section by themselves. If they get their way ten it might only be a haunt only show, and that you can hold in some gymnasium somewhere!

Darkangel

Comment

"Jeff failed to Mention that Rubies doesnt want a HAUNTSHOW at the RETAIL show.
                              thus there not being a Hauntshow in Houston...... I fear that 2009 is going to be a clustercluck"

Not totally Rob. MHC will continue to do what we do in 2009, offer an entertaining and educational event with a tradeshow that rivals any other haunt convention out there

Comment

Working...
                              X