Carving Tool At Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving Tool At Transworld

We were so overwhelmed attending Transworld for the first time and missed ordering a tool they were using to carve tombstones and foam. Does anyone recall the company that had this tool? I believe it was inside of the haunt section of the show. Thanks in advance!!

I wasn't there but you are probably thinking of Hotwire Foam Factory - http://hotwirefoamfactory.com/home.php

Barry

Comment

We bought the entire set. Very nice!
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What set did they show? They have so many.....

Darkangel

Comment

Thanks folks for the quick response !!! I'm still spending money a week later. LOL

Comment

Screw that company. We had bad luck with them. My haunt partner and I where standing there for a real long time to purchase a set. The lady giving the demonstrations told us, you have my complete attention now what can I do for you two. We told her we wanted the set for $99.99. She said ok great let me get you guys started and get the kit. Maybe a minute goes by she starts helping another group of people out. We stood there for a good 25 minutes, cash in hand waiting to buy it. But noooo didn't even seem to acknowledge we where still there waiting for her to hand us the set. So we got pissed off and walked away. They lost a paying customer. ME I understand they where really busy at that show, but we stood there for almost one hour. Minutes and minutes before she told us she had our 100% attention and would answer any questions. and then minutes and minutes later when we told her we wanted to buy the one for $99.99 but never followed through so whatever
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

They really are great tools to have. I've had my set for a couple of years, and I have only had a problem with one of them.
              Don't let a bad sales person keep you from getting some of these tools. Call them, and tell them your story. Maybe they will toss in an extra discount or a free extra.
              sigpic
              Louis Brown
              Owner, operator, and dish washer
              at
              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure we might end up buying one, one day. We have a lot of brick work to do this year and it would help us out a great bunch!
                ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

How many tools are included with this. When I saw the pic it looked like something you could purchase at Wal-Mart years back? Just wanting more information. Thanks.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Hotwire had several different sets to choose from. I think it depends on what you want. I believe the kit they had at transworld was the $99 kit.

Comment

We bought EVERYTHING they had... I got my order in the mail just a few days ago. We haven't tested it yet but we're working on some VERY large tombstones so we plan on putting them to work this week. I can give you a report on how good they are.

As for the 'rude' person in their booth... she was nice to me, she took my order and everything was cool.

I will say I think they were overwhelmed a bit and they should have sent MORE THAN ONE person to a show that big. That was their mistake for sure, but I don't think the lady was rude in anyway, I think she was just overwhelmed.

I've experienced this before, with having 10 people trying to get your attention so then other people think you're being rude. You just have to be patient at these shows, or leave and come back.

Don't let your experience keep you from buying something that probably WILL HELP YOUR BUSINESS!

If you plan on doing some foam carving then just buy the set!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

The incident motograter is talking about wasn't a matter of ten people trying to get her attention, it was a matter of her looking us in the face and saying " You have me complete attention, what can I do for you?" And then our response was "We would like..." At this point she turned her back on us and grabbed her tools and began demoing for some other group that walked up after us. I am glad she wasn't rude to you but being that we had stood there patiently for 45 minutes we didn't feel like waiting anymore after we were told we had her complete attention.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

Yes and mindtumor and myself waited and waited. PLUS we left once already a first time and said we would go back later when it not so busy. Which we did and then got ignored so we walked off and never returned.
                          ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Like I said the lady seemed really nice to me but...

C'mon now ONE person running a whole booth ... I think it was more of a case of being totaly overwhelmed. They should have sent more than one person that was their BIG mistake!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

It's a husband and wife team that go to all the haunt conventions, they usually go to Hauntcon and MHC. I bought all the stuff they had last year at HC, doesn't work to good on large projects. I found that using a jigsaw to cut was better and way faster than anything, using a large knife or utility blade did good for cutting, and a dremel tool worked great for smaller details and saved hours of time. The hotwire kit is good but I found basic tools that worked more efficient and way faster and were much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X