Thursday's vs Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's vs Sundays

I have noticed that most of the other haunts in our area are doing Thu/Fri/Sat this season whereas we have always done Fri/Sat/Sun. This is cool as we will get a chance to go to a couple other haunts this year.

However, what led you to choose Thu nights to be open over Sun, or vice versa. I am considering going from Sun to Thur next season and wanted to hear what others have to say.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

If we were not just slap exausted from the 5 1/2 day full build we would do thursdays BUT 90% of our crew has real jobs we could possibly do a thursday and use sunday as meant to be (a day of rest) puling 3 nights in a row then facing a week of work will make you OLD quicker than you would want,
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

We have always been open both Thursdays and Sundays. Thursdays have traditionally been slower for us, but Sundays are usually pretty good nights. We are considering not opening on Thursdays next year except for the last week of the month.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      Deadly Intentions Haunted House
      www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sundays have never been good for us so we dropped them a number of years ago. Thursdays are OK but only the last few of the month so we dropped the first couple of them as well.

Comment

We do both. At the beginning of the month, both are fairly slow...they get busier toward the end of them month. They are both pretty much equal for us in attendance, but if I had to pick one, I'd vote for dropping Sundays, simply because we're tired by the end of the weekend and we still have to get up and go to our day jobs on Monday morning.
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I would compare overall attendance numbers of the other haunts doing Thursday and yours. One theory posed to me has been that the fewer nights run the better so the cast is not worn out. They can only be at the top of their game so many hours and somehow this equates to better word of mouth and more over all customers?

This year we dropped Thursdays. Like it is better to go directly into a busy night and have a better show rather than have to readjust to one from a boring night. If their is a slow night it would be after when the actors are slumping. Or on Sundays their are fewer actors as some might need the day of rest to go to work.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

This year we dropped one Thursday and we'll be open this coming Thursday and next Thursday. The only Sunday we'll be open is on the Sunday before Halloween, but we are taking Monday before Halloween and calling Halloween our Encore Performance. Our Thursday's in the past have typically been much slower than Friday and Saturday.

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The difference in customers from Sat. night to Sunday afternoon is astounding!
                From aggressive drunks to scared little kids with grandpa.
                I like the rest I usually get on a Sunday like that, little kids seeing their first haunted house.
                If I impress them and treat them nice, who knows how much future income just a handfull of happy growing customers could financially add up to?
                Closed Sundays? Opportunity missed.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Because we have our biggest night on Saturday, this is also when we have the most damages. Because of this we don't open Sundays. This gives us Sunday-Wed to fix everything. Thursday is light so we have a light maintenance schedule Friday morning. It would be hell on us to try to get everything ready after a busy Saturday night to get open for the next night (plus everyone is exhausted).

Comment

We are open on Sundays but close an hour earlier. That gets the actors home at a decent hour for work the next day and we found that after 10 p.m. the attendance really decreases.

Comment

We close at Midnight Fri and Sat, and 10pm on Sunday...but...Thurs is starting to make a lot more sense..
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

The only Sunday we are open is the last Sunday of the year. We started off with Fri, Sat for the first two weeks; then thursday, Fri, Sat for this coming weekend, and will end with a nightmarish Thursday through Halloween run.
                        "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                        X