I have to ask this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask this

I am sure that this is an easy one to answer, but I want to know why we should use pink foam over white foam when doing tombstones?

I am sure this is a simple question to answer, just wanted to hear it!

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

It's really a matter of texture and density. The pink foam is a closed cell product, denser and creates a smoother cut. The white foam is lighter, you notice it is like a bunch of foam beads pressed together. When you cut them you get the little beads breaking off, different texture.

The pink is more dense so it can take more abuse. Both can be used, you can get different effects or similar effects, it depends on the intended use, cost, and availability. A big key is the final sealing of the product. From a simple couple coats of latex paint to a hard foam coat, a good seal with protect the project and hopefully extend the time of use.

Try both, just remember to use a mask if you use a hot knife, fumes are toxic.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Thanks RJ

Mr. Haunt

Comment

.and if you are making your own tombstone...who cares how long it lasts?
        You'll never know. More important things to consider in the afterlife..maybe....
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X