Roaming Vs. Guided patrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Vs. Guided patrons

Okay, how many of you haunt owners let your patrons walk and observe the haunt grounds at their own pace once you let them in? Hands, let me see those hands...

Now, how many of you haunt owners have your patrons guided? As in have an actor guide them through the haunt, talk about the different rooms, keep an eye on everyone; that kind of thing. Hands, now....

As a patron, as a haunter, which do you perfer?
    Last edited by Smiley; 04-01-2008, 10:17 PM.

Free-flow, unguided!
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

we don't have

a choice , fire marshall says they will be guided.
      Whoa.........that was spooky!:twisted::evil::shock:

Comment

Graystone

Unguided. I have found that sometimes the guide can make or break the experiance.
        sigpic

Comment

I prefer unguided

Comment

We let them go through unguided.
            Jared Layman

Comment

We are fully guided

Otherwise folks here might walk off with the whole haunt.haha
              Seriously, our storyline requires a guide to activate props and
              tell part of the story and put patrons on the bunker mine
              elevator ride etc...

Many Blessings
              Kimmy
              Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

unguided

LOL! Love it, Kimmy -- "walk off with the whole haunt!" -- I'm feelin' that!
                Unguided...we tried guided, but we felt some of our guides detracted from the experience...especially if they knew someone in the group.
                "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
                ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

Definately a guided tour at The Ravens Grin Inn. This is our house we also live in it, need I say more?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

After much deliberating, head scratching, arguing, and calculator crunching... we have settled on a guided tour for the design of our new venture. Yes, it is clear that the almighty "Throughput" number will suffer somewhat, but we are working on ways to minimize the damage as much as is possible.

For our method of scares, it just wont work with an unguided environment. We had a similar discussion in another thread and it seems to be one of those situations with no right answer. It just depends on how you design your haunt and your scares to decide what works best for you.

Mike
                    Michael Inks
                    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                    www.geistentertainment.com
                    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Unguided. If you go guided, then the guides have to be really good actors or they will ruin the entire experience.
                      Bill C. Schnell
                      Dark Son Productions
                      NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
                      www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

A Ravens Grin tour usually lasts about 90 minutes and if there was no guide to make sure they kept moving I would have to become a motel, granted a real strange motel where everyone sleeps standing up on in piles everywhere?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Unguided unless they just cant make it on their own and are holding up the line. Then we have someone assist them by walking behind the group to move them along on their journey.
                          Greg Allen
                          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                          X