Texas Show 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Show 2009

I spoke to our Rubies Vendor who is the local Rep for the New show in Texas next year. I asked about the split between Transworld and Rubies and the two shows next year. He said he is going to talk to the head guy who is in charge of planning the whole affair to get some answers for me. He did say that Rubies will NOT be attending transworld next year unless the local rep rents a booth or two to get some sales. The new show he was told was NOT targeting just the costume and party side. He said it would make no sense to cut out a large percentage of their sales. He said during Transworld Vegas most of the major vendors attended a meeting where they voted to stay with Transworld or go to Texas and the majority voted to go to the Texas show due to cost and weather. He said they are going to try and get as many or all of the vendors to attend the show in Texas including haunt related vendors. They believe there show will be bigger than Transworld and may also move from city to city so that different regions can absorb the costs each year. He said as soon as he hears more about the haunt vendors he will let me know.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Bbe Houston! 2009!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Goin' on to Houston, Houston, Houston.

Comment

Hopefully they can get the haunt vendors and have a really good show.

Comment

Of course by going so public so early with this information all of those guys from the Vegas street will be able to adjust their schedules and be right there! (Chicago might be a little too cold for that street-action in January)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No Haunt Show at HPE in Houston

I have gotten info on the show in email today.
            I expect hard copies in the next week.

As I said in the Chicago looks solid thread, they will NOT have a Haunt Show equivalent, nor are they interested in having us included.
            This is out of the mouth of the right hand man of the HPE President.

They would provide air & power, so in my case I can show webbers, promote LED lamps, but Boomer Cannons are OUT.
            A surprise we plan for next year would be out too.

This show is more costly compared to TW (currently) with singles at 1950, and an extra 200 per corner.
            There is no discount rate for bulk booths.
            Nothing about power, air, drayage, etc.

"Regular 10 by 10 Booths include: Sign, Back Wall and Rail Drapes, 6’ Skirted Table, Two Chairs, Waste Basket, Virtual Booth Link on Expo Website, and marketing materials to send to your customers.

10 by 10 (inline) $1,950
            10 by 10 (corner) $2,150
            10 by 20 (inline) $3,900
            10 by 20 (1-corner) $4,100
            10 by 20 (2-corners) $4,300
            10 by 30 (1-corner) $6,050

NOTE: THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL $200 CHARGE FOR CORNER BOOTHS.

Bulk Booth Space includes: One 6’ Skirted Table per 10 by 10 (# must be confirmed prior to show), Two Chairs, Waste Basket, Virtual Booth Link on Expo Website, marketing materials to send to your customers.

Payment Today = $ _______ Due Upon Receipt of Application
            Jan. 1, 2008 - July 1, 2008: 50% of booth fee
            July 2, 2008 - October 1, 2008: 75% of booth fee
            Oct. 2, 2008 – Jan. 24, 2009: 100% of booth fee"
            GoryCorey
            See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

That is interesting. Will this change some vendors minds about going to Houston? Will some vendors vend at both places? Or are some haunt vendors more interested in vending to retailers/wholesalers now? So from reading this I guess Houston does not want Haunters?
              Jared Layman

Comment

Here is what it boils down to... Transworld 2009 will be smaller than EVER before. The show in HOUSTON has already in fact contacted MANY haunted house vendors to exhibit.

I talked to the man in charge of that show, and he said they are not opposed to haunt vendors, however they're not sure they have enough space for haunters in 2009. They only have about 300,000 square feet, and Transworld last year was about 500,000 square feet.

As for going to both shows...forget about. They're one week apart. Who can manage that? Haunted House industry might need to think about starting their own show, just for our industry, and include some other industries as well, and show at TW in a smaller capacity.

There will be many things happening and many things will happen, and some things will probably change. I'm very sure of the fact that TW has to be working with Rubies and the other to get them to change their mind.

I personally am NOT happy about Chicago in January, and I personally may not attend. We don't write many orders at these shows anyway, almost everything we do is over the net. I would say at this point I would be about only 20% for buying a booth, and 80% against buying any.

I can tell you 110% I would NOT buy a booth in Houston. I don't think any haunted house vendor should exhibit there, I think people should stick with Transworld. It really doesn't matter what happens to the costume buyer as long as the haunt vendors end up at TW in 2009, we're still having a show, beyond that our industry probably has to start looking out for ourselves.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If Transworld had kept the March dates things may have been better. But with the January dates they have put the last nail in their coffin. All of the bigger buyers are going to go to the bigger show. Like Larry said no one will be able to do both and no buyers will be able to attend both. We will plan to go to Houston because we won't risk trying to get in and out of O'hare in January. Most of the people I have talked to agree they want to attend Transworld but can't due to the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    they are not opposed to haunt vendors, however they're not sure they have enough space for haunters in 2009. They only have about 300,000 square feet, and Transworld last year was about 500,000 square feet
                    Yes, that was the same thing I was told, space was the biggest issue, so at this time, us raucous, loud folks will not be included. They said they hope to include us in the future when using a bigger space.

My concern then becomes COST.

Which show do I do, which show will bring me the most return?
                    If TW will be smaller yet, can I validate the inherent (perpetually increasing) booth costs?

Demonstrating the Boomer Air Cannons is an enormous influenence when selling them, Houston will not afford me that luxury, TW does.
                    But the webbers and glues are my mainstay, and they can be shown in Houston & TW.

This makes for a catch 22 decision about what show to display at.

GRRRRR.

Has anyone heard anymore regarding the rumor of TW switching back to a March date in contenance to the Houston Show in January, either in Vegas, or Chitown?
                    GoryCorey
                    See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Well I may be....

Well I may take some crap for this BUT who cares.

Larry, I read what you say about the haunted house vendors should start our own show.

Aren't there 3-4 shows already in operation on a yearly basis?
                      Instead of starting ANOTHER show.....why don't we just stand behind the shows that people already have going?

MHC, hauntcon and ironstock all come to mind

Seems that Hauntcon is getting bigger and MHC since it is on the east coast has grow in the time i have been going.
                      I really don't know about the traveling aspect of Hauntcon but most do like it.
                      The issues i have with the shows as a vendor?.......there are alot of things going on during the show that takes away from the selling aspect of the show.

But instead we are again all looking to go to a show that doesn't want us?
                      We all know our product is a little strange and we could do well at a party show....but most of our biz comes from haunted house folks.
                      Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Wherever the haunt vendors end up is where I as a haunt owner will end up. And I am pretty sure a lot of other buyers will do the same. I totally understand the weather in January will suck but what else can we do not go at all or go to Houston where there won't be haunt vendors? I do believe if the show is going to be early it probably should be where the weather is nice but even if it isn't I am still going to do my best to be there. It is completely understandable if people don't want to risk the flight or drive in January, but until we come up with a better solution what can we do, not have a show at all and just do all online orders? Would that be easier for everyone?
                        Jared Layman

Comment

We will be doing the houston show for retail and MHC for the haunter end of it! MHC is destined to be the best hauntshow ever.
                          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

This really puts those of us that own a haunt and a costume shop in a bind. I guess I am just going to have to wait til after the fall and see which convention will give me the best chance of seeing the haunt stuff and the costume stuff. I really do not want to tie up 8 days in January going to conventions.....
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I agree with Mindtumor here, I know we will follow the haunt vendors were ever they go. I feel it is really up to them to band together and figure out what the plan is. I know you guys are working on this... right?

I like MHC, but it is way too late in the year for placing orders on major props. I Like Hauntcon but its claim to fame, the way it hops around seems to not work so well for vendors. We have actually started buying in November to get product in time.

This split also stinks for us...we have a gift shop now that moves lots of product, and we don't want to go to Chicago and Houston.

But its all about what is best for the sellers...It may be that the costume shops want to scrape off the Haunts who are also doing limited retail sales, they don't want us around it seems.

Oh well, All I can say is we plan to support the Haunt vendors, whatever they do.

Thanks!

Ben
                              NETHERWORLD
                              Ben Armstrong
                              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                              www.Fearworld.com
                              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X