Chainsaw Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw Help

I purchased seven Poulan gas powered chainsaws last season. Three of the models were around $149 and the other four were around $200. I had many many problems with them throughout the season. The main problem I was told was because I ran the chainsaw without the chain on it, causing some sort of a clutch problem and high RPM's. After taking my chainsaws to a professional small engine repair shop to have them winterized, I was told that they were basically just scrap parts now. Here are my questions.

1. Is there something that I need to do to my chainsaws in order for them to work properly in order to scare my patrons? I already mix the gas & oil properly.

2. Should I have the clutch or another part removed so it wont have the high RPM's?

3. What do you guys and gals do to your gas powered chainsaws to make them work correctly? Do you have a certain brand that you buy? If so, what brand or model?

4. What other modifications should I make in order to get a more reliable starting and running chainsaw?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
    -Grant

I would install a set screw (throttle stop) on the throttle,
    to keep the RPMs down, If your looking for more noise, make the exhaust holes
    larger,or gut the muffler.
    Ghoul Town

Comment

We dont use the Poulan chainsaws any more. Thats why they are called Poulan, in our experience we were always "pullin" them to try and get them started! LOL We found the sthil easy start chainsaws work the best for us. We never had a problem with them. They cost a little more but they are not the headache the old ones were! The only thing I dont like about them is they dont have a primer on them so it takes a little bit to get them to fire but they are the best dependable saws we have found. They are alot easier on the actors also but if they are used to running a chainsaw it may take them a few pulls to realize you dont have to jerk on it like the old ones. The actors realy like them and are glad we went to them. I like the set screw idea. We may have to incorporate that this year.
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

We purchased the "PULLIN" aswell, They are total junk!
        We use Huskavarna now, they did us well last season!

Comment

Spookyprops

For about what you paid for all of those JUNK chainsaws, you could have gotten two Spookyprops electronic chainsaws that would have lasted all season and for many seasons after.

Comment

This really does prove the value of the www.spookyprops.com chainsaws.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Well you could always put the chain back on!??? But then that would kinda defeat the purpose huh! LOL! Dumb chainsaw mechanics. Thats I new one on me.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

We have two of the spookyprops chainsaws and they work great for our indoor areas but the sound and smell of a screaming chainsaw is hard to beat if your outdoors.
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Customers here are less afraid of the chainsaw effect itself, they are afraid of a potential stumbling idiot operating it and smacking then with a hot steel weapon(the saw).
                  Real fear could be found by hiring the creepiest guy you know to quietly walk up beside a female customer exiting and have him whisper,"I'll get your address from Googleing your license plate number, see you in a couple of nights."
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I don't have to say all of THAT to creep them out!?!
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"Body Language", the "Eyes", foreboding posturing, but the crystallized drool off the chin, this really gets them!
                      Also don't forget the sleeveless undershirt with the massive bushes of hair exploding from those armpits!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X