Top Secret Featured Haunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Secret Featured Haunt...

We're going to feature a haunt on the next cover of the magazine, that will blow away everything you've ever read...we will NOT reveal who, what, when or why until you get the magazine IN THE MAIL.

All I can tell you is this...YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THE NEXT MAGAZINE.

I am going to keep it secret for several reasons...

#1 The haunt itself you won't believe we're covering, you've never seen it, and you probably never heard of it, but when you do you'll be wanting to visit the second you read the article. So we'll keep it a surprise.

#2 I think I'm done always putting my cards on the table because so many people keep copying everything I do...IAHA they try to copy EVERYTHING I DO, I could make a list so long of things they're trying to copy me on its sick. That 13th Hour magazine copied me as well especially on what haunt we featured. Even HAM copied our sales techniques, we offered banners with ads then he did amoung many other things.

Now you have people creating copy cat websites who went to my site and or hauntedhouse.com and stole our data bases to make it seem like their sites are important so they can sell banners.

I do understand copying cool things you see is part of life, but I think its going way to far these days...

So from now on I will debute many things in the magazine itself with no prior announcements such as what haunts we feature and or what our upcoming new features on our sites will be so people don't know everything we're up to...

But anyway the new magazines FEATURED ARTICLE will be the biggest revealing article you've ever read....

There will be two haunts featured in the next magazine and we're not saying any more than that.

I will say that we're going to try and publish this magazine sooner than later.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Now THIS could be worth the wait........

Larry keeping a secret!!!! LOL!!!

No offense... you just always have to share info as you learn it. Keeping this a secret could be very interesting!! So who's in on a pool???

So how's the Kennywood project going??? You could always share THAT info with us!!! Pictures are cool!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Good guess on Kennywood but no... LOL

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Come one, Larry! No one likes a tease. lol
        I'm putting my money on Scarehouse in Pittsburgh. I had never heard of those guys until this year, and from their videos it looks like they are doing some great stuff.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Maybe a lot of people have never heard of the haunt because they scare the name right out of their customer's minds?
          The majority of people don't usually seem to do very well remembering haunt names.
          Are they mostly too generic?
          Too similar?
          Are customers too distracted by the show to remember?
          Anybody else find this to be true?
          "It was called...? It was in that, that town,,,you know, somewhere close to..?? I can't remember, it was dark, I wasn't driving. I was just a kid."
          "So you were there last October then?"
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I did visit the Scarehouse and when I get back I will offer a full report, but NO not the Scarehouse although I would like to do a featured article on their haunt. I really liked their haunted house a lot! I think their crew is top notch!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Thanks for the kudos for the ScareHouse crew, Larry!

Our core FX / build team from ScareHouse has been helping the Halloween Productions team at Kennywood this week, and are all very grateful for the opportunity to be a part of what is sure to be an absolute blockbuster attraction.

For over a 100 years, generations of people have grown-up with this local park ... and all of us native "yinzers" have countless Kennywood memories about the various dark rides and attractions that have been a part of its history.

Being a part of something that will now thrill and entertain 100's of thousands of people for many years to come? Expecially in your own backyard? Well ... that's not an opportunity that comes along very often, and everyone at The ScareHouse would like to thank Halloween Productions for inviting us to participate.

We've also learned a lot by watching how Larry's team operates. They get more done in 24 hours than many haunters do in 24 days. I think it could have something to do with the fact that, near as I can tell, neither Larry nor Jim actually sleep. Ever. Seriously.

As for the actual attraction, I think that the people in Pittsburgh have no idea what they're going to see this year. This is definitely a theme park quality attraction, and it's jammed to the rafters with more animations, CGI, props, scenic elements, and general "stuff" than you can imagine. It will take many, many trips through this ride to pick up on all the various details and surprises inside.
              Scott Simmons
              The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
              http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Hey Scott,

Wow, I wasn't sure if that was you who runs Scarehouse. I remember when you were in the planning stages. Looks like you've come a long way, you haunt look great!

Allan

Comment

Scott,

You should have come by around errrr 1am on Friday...

Ummm ask your crew, I had everyone running around with their heads cut off. We hung every prop, placed nearly everything, set up the graveyard you name it and it was done. The place is looking pretty good now.

Next week we'll come back up and install some more animations, bring some more animations and go from there. All the CGI will work next week, plus we left three guys there all week to DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL.

I will be back in the Pitt area in about 8 days.

I hope to catch up with you again!

Take care.
                  Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Here are TWO pics from the Kennywood Dark Ride I took on Friday.

Enjoy! For the rest you'll have to go and see the ride this summer!!! Hehehe.

Larry
                    Attached Files
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadProd View Post
                      Thanks for the kudos for the ScareHouse crew, Larry!

Our core FX / build team from ScareHouse has been helping the Halloween Productions team at Kennywood this week, and are all very grateful for the opportunity to be a part of what is sure to be an absolute blockbuster attraction.

For over a 100 years, generations of people have grown-up with this local park ... and all of us native "yinzers" have countless Kennywood memories about the various dark rides and attractions that have been a part of its history.

Being a part of something that will now thrill and entertain 100's of thousands of people for many years to come? Expecially in your own backyard? Well ... that's not an opportunity that comes along very often, and everyone at The ScareHouse would like to thank Halloween Productions for inviting us to participate.

We've also learned a lot by watching how Larry's team operates. They get more done in 24 hours than many haunters do in 24 days. I think it could have something to do with the fact that, near as I can tell, neither Larry nor Jim actually sleep. Ever. Seriously.

As for the actual attraction, I think that the people in Pittsburgh have no idea what they're going to see this year. This is definitely a theme park quality attraction, and it's jammed to the rafters with more animations, CGI, props, scenic elements, and general "stuff" than you can imagine. It will take many, many trips through this ride to pick up on all the various details and surprises inside.

I'd like to take this opportunity to chime in with Scott.

On behalf of the ScareHouse team that was on site helping out with KennyWood installation.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you all. It was an amazing experience to work with such talented and awe inspiring people. You are all truly amazing and it was an experience that none of us will soon forget! We had so much fun and learned a great deal.

As Scott said being part of something that will thrill and entertain so many people is not an opportunity that comes along often. So once again thank you for inviting and allowing us to be part of something so incredible. The people of Pittsburgh have no idea what they are in for and I am sure that they will love it and ride again and again!

Once again thank you for the amazing opportunity! We all hope to see you all again soon and to work with you all again in the future!

Sincerely,
                      Dejah Harnish
                      Dejah Harnish
                      www.ScareHouse.com

Comment

Working...
                      X