So who is going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is going?

I'm might try to go! They have some major haunts they're going to tour and I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We'll be passing this year.
    Looks like fun though.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

I was planning on going this year but with the date being so close to Hauntcon it is impossible to do back to back shows one week apart. You would think there would be lessons to be learned after what happened to Haunt-X & TW.

If the timing is better next year you see us there in 2009! These dates will not be good for either show, just hope it makes another year.
      Regards,
      Jeff Londos
      Monster-Tronics
      Innovators in Haunt Technologies
      www.Monster-Tronics.com
      Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Well it did kinda spring up a bit late in the planning stages but I do think its a market you can't ignore. I think they're only charging like $200 bucks for a booth, hardly seems like they're charging anything but an amount that says "YO VENDOR COME ON DOWN"!

I think this shows up your alley. I know they only have two booths left and then they're sold out.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

We considered this show, but at this point a 9 hour drive for a unestablished event was a iffy at best risk for us. Booth space was definitely affordable, and Appreciated im sure by the vendors needing to offset the cost of Fuel these days.
          Good Luck to all involved with the show, and I hope everyone has a great time.

On a sidenote why are all of the responses in here from Michigan and that one guy from St.Louis?
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We'll be there for the entire weekend but won't have a booth. Quick ride from CT.
            Scott Ames

Comment

Rob,

Just take the plunge!!! Do you know how many MEGA haunts are within 100 miles of this place??? WOW...its unreal!

I think you'll do great! Just my opinion!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Is this haunt show permittable for children, I want to take my 12 year old to one, he helps with the haunt every year
                INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

We are definitely thinking about going. I know with college finals coming up the week after that it is a bad idea, but with it being so close to our haunt, why not just run down? If not, there will be next year!
                  My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

ShredMan,
                    I don't believe there are any age restrictions for attendance.
                    That is only a transworld thing.
                    I've seen all ages at Hauntcon, at Midwest, and I hope to see all ages at Eastern as well.

The original plan is still based on the fun haunt gatherings that I started in the 90's in pittsburgh, moved to the center of the state with Michael Brunner, and now is a full fledged convention, and we have at all these stages welcomed all ages as well as, and ESPECIALLY, all size haunts.

Own a theme park? there are dealers there for you. Haunt your front porch? there are dealers there for you as well.

when I was elected to that very first IAHA corporate Board of Directors, my 'please elect me' speech was to be sure that a haunter is a haunter no matter how small

( Kinda like Dr Seuss)

Eastern Haunters as well as those other fine conventions welcome everyone as far as I can tell.
                    Gravely MacCabre
                    aka Ricky Dick
                    Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                    and
                    Midnight Monster Hop
                    Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                    www.castleblood.com
                    www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                    www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                    Lifetime achievement award winner
                    International Costumers Guild

Comment

Credit to where credit is due

First: THERE ARE NO AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR ATTENDING EHC
                      (However, all minors need to be accompanied by an adult.)

Second:
                      Credit to where credit is due.

Ricky Dick, is, really, *THE* one responsible for the event to even exist.

I just thought it was so incredibly cool that a guy would open his home and his haunt OFF SEASON and said "Hey, come visit me" ( and he was doing it back when no one else was doing it.)

I learned things at Castle Blood that weekend that I hope I remember in every single show I try to put on for the rest of my life.

Note to Ricky: You *really* should have some sort of intern program for young haunters to teach them the ropes.

When it all started, I just wanted local haunters to come to my backyard for hamburgers, beer and show off their props. I was thinking there must have been several of us in Harrisburg area (the capitol of Pennsylvania)

Little did I realize how popular the concept was in people's hearts and how far people were willing to travel for a nice, fun time.

The PA Gathering has had attendees come in from Ohio, Florida, New England, etc etc etc All for a (at that time) simple one day picnic.

We moved to a larger location (my church) for a few years, but we outgrew *that* too.

Now we're a full blown convention, with tour, costume ball, tons of vendors. But I dont want to lose the personal touch, ever. I actually *LIKE* the fact that I watched your kids grow up through the years. I'm glad to know that Pat's daughter is a veggan. I'm glad that I know Kim's dog is named "Boo" (who,btw, was always welcome in the church)

So if you come to the Eastern Haunters Convention, feel free to walk up to me and say "Hello", introduce me to your spouse and kids and show me pictures of your haunt, more than anything else, I still want this to be a fun, stress free event for everyone.

Michael Bruner
                      Eastern Haunters Convention
                      www.EasternHauntersConvention.com

P.S. oh yea - and as Larry mentioned in a different forum, make sure other haunters can purchase new haunt product easily.
                      Michael Bruner

The National Haunters Convention - OVER 100 vendor booths!
                      Valley Forge, PA
                      http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

The Cadavers Cotillion
                      http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Get behind the scenes tours to the best haunted attractions!
                      http://www.haunttour.com

`

Comment

ehc looks AMAZING! wish i cuold go!!!!!!

-Taylor

Comment

EHC or Bust

The van's packed. Leaving first thing in the morning. We'll have a show report to post when we return Sunday night.
                          Scott Ames

Comment

Working...
                          X