Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info or reviews on scair structures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info or reviews on scair structures?

Can anyone give me some insights to Scair structures inflatable maze or chamber? Will these units deflate rapidly if slashed? Are there baffles inside to prevent that kind of human trap? What if it gets unplugged while people are inside. How is the quality overall? If used inside can the chamber roof be removed to permit sprinklers to work inside it or do you have to cut it out. Can the maze be altered to accomodate a large space for a dislay? Thanx Dave

Cmon ,Guys someone has to know something about these. Dave

Comment

1) They will not deflate rapidly if slashed, there is a constant flow of air that prevents this from happening....

2) There are 4 exits, given the sizes of the structures they can get out in seconds...

3)If it gets unplugged it will deflate. Make sure you have your power source away from traffic. Even if it deflates, you can evacuate quickly, plug it back in quicly and it will barely fall...

4)The quality is very good, no problems there...

5)With the haunt the roof and floor velcro on, I'm assuming it's the same for the chamber so yes you can leave that off for sprinkler systems.

6)With the chamber it's all open so you can do larger displays, the haunt is more maze like and you would need very small scenes. It's great for hiding places for actors though....

Allan

Comment

They are pretty spendy if you ask me. I myself looked into these type of haunts, I have been through one of these, some of the rooms CAN be a good size.

On the sprinkler issue, these are just under MOST size requirements so that you DO NOT need the use of a sprinkler. Hover you still need to check with your local Fire Dept. on this, even if you don't need sprinklers it wont hurt to have them.

Beck to the spendy part, I thought what they were asking for was a bit to much for a space filled with air. Yes, you can take them down and set them up with just 2 or 3 people. Yes, the can be put just about any place, but you are might get a little board with it after a few years. I do agree that it is a good way to get started in haunting, I just can't see the price, plus props, costumes, sound, electrical, generator, and so on.

I am not against them, I just have seen 3 or 4 used ones for sale on forums.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

The ones that I have seen for sale have only be a few years old. This type of haunt will only take you so far, and you might have a hard time selling your haunt when it comes time to upgrade to wood wall panels.

If you are new to haunting, a think you can turn a proffit that will pay for ALL of your haunt, I would say go for it! I would not use this structure alone though. it is only about 1,000 spuare feet. I think home haunters might be better suited for these, but if I were a home haunter I still might not pay the price unless I currently had all of the needed items to haunt.

I know that I have skipped around on this subject, but I am typing as I think.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Could be effective as an add-on, a childrem's maze or maybe a 3D maze. However as the main adult attraction probably not a good idea. Since it has the appearance of a kid's funhouse or an inflatable jump house you may have a problem convincing adult or teens that it is an actual "scary" attraction. 3D, kid's maze, even a clown house, not problem.

You may have to provide a battery back-up system to keep the fan going during a power failure. A friend ran one at carnivals and state fairs and he was required to have such a system or he could not operate.

Also you have to either have the unit stay inflated the entire time or you can't have any props inside that would be damaged by the structure deflating every night. Could be a real pain if you had to empty it every night because you're on a generator!

Again, secondary attraction,3D, kid house could be a good choice... main haunt not so much.
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We've done black mazes and an add-on 3D haunt, worked well for this application....

Comment

Hi Dave,

I have a Chamber. I used it last year for Queue Line shelter, but the year before it was part of the Main Haunt, adding 900 sq. ft. to the place. At that time there were standard wall panels set up inside it. Worked fine.
                As Queue area it was empty save for the queue stanchions and a bit of lighting.
                The manufacturer says that it will survive a stabbing, But I wouldn't count on it standing after a slash of any size. I did loose power once, and it came down quite quickly...
                I MAY use it for Queue Line again this year, it helps in the rain, but at 900 sf. the line still extends out the door many nights.
                Mine has two doors on each side... 8 total.
                Hope that helped.
                Aaron
                Braineater Productions
                Braineater Haunted House, Sidney B.C.

Comment

You guys are the best. Thanx for the GREAT info and insights. Is the material fire retardant? Is the material more like a nylon fabric or like a vinyl coated canvas? How did the back up system work for the electric? Are they loud when running? Thanx Again Dave Link

Comment

The older ones were a more heavy canvas, the newer ones seem to have more of a lighter(weight wise) nylon matrial mix, both very durable and flame retardant. The blowers are not too loud, they will be on each end of the structure spread apart, but once inside you don't really hear them especially if you have music on..

Allan

Comment

evolution-

I believe Tattoo from Terror on the Fox was selling one of these pre-painted. I saw it in person and it's kick ass. If your in the market to buy one check his out

sean
                      Sean De Wane
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      The De Wane Asylum
                      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                      X