Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a long wait line good for word off mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a long wait line good for word off mouth?

I was pondering this question, I am starting a new haunted attraction and I was thinking about other places that I have herd of having 2-4 hour waits to get in. Now this, to me sounded like ,well it must be good if people are willing to wait that long. The place we are opening ,in my calculations has the ability to run 30 people thru every 3 mins, so thats 20 groups an hour or 600 people. or should I reduce the number going thru till i have a wait line of 45mins to an hour? I dont think I want people to say they walked right in, they may think that the attraction its not that good. what do u guys think?
    SYTHLOR
    Doug Crawford owner
    Rockville Fear Factory Llc
    Vernon Ct, 06084

I guess it boils down to what number of patrons works well inside the haunt. When people arrive at haunted houses or Disneyland rides, they usually want to get in right away. Wouldn't you? I wouldn't worry about the line size playing a factor in your patrons' haunt quality score. Yes, people wait in line for hours, but that's because they really like the attraction; not the wait. Can't say I've ever judged a haunt by the size of their "lines", but what I do take into account is how the sets are arranged, the actors stay in character, the makeup/mask quality, and so on. The only thing I say you'd have to worry about the line is the wait getting too long.
    Last edited by Smiley; 04-13-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Queue Line

It all depends in how you use your wait line. The guys at Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet had awesome side shows which made the LINE fun, perhaps better than the haunt itself. If you're a marketing guru, throw up some commercials for your sponsors made by Elswarro, which does some AWESOME queue line media playing etc. Also, the Haunted Hotel out in San Diego always has 2+ hour waits which stretched over a few miles.

My best suggestion, at least have a nice line of people outside your haunt, otherwise it looks DEAD, and not in a good sense. As other potential customers will see that and think that nobody wants to spend money there. Just my two cents.

Happy Haunting.....cheers T

Comment

You should only push people through at your max throughput if you have to (the line is getting too long). The more time between groups (to a certain point) and the smaller the group size, the scarier your attraction will be. I would try to avoid a wait in line much over an hour (some nights that isn't possible). Worry about the quality of the show and only sacrifice that if the wait starts getting really rediculous (in that case the people will be upset and in a bad mood and will not enjoy your good show anyway).
        Bill C. Schnell
        Dark Son Productions
        NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
        www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

thanks for the info ,i do realize that the quality of the show is more important than the line, but was looking at this for the customers point of view and word of mouth. I thank u all who responded.
          SYTHLOR
          Doug Crawford owner
          Rockville Fear Factory Llc
          Vernon Ct, 06084

Comment

just be careful. If you slow things down cause its dead you might end up in a bind later. We did that last year and then we got slammed. Our 30 min. wait turned into a 3/4 hour real quick then people started complaining they had to wait so long. its okay to slow them down a little just not to much. It's best to just keep things flowing.

sean
            Sean De Wane
            ----------------------------------------------
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I have heard of some haunts making customers wait when there was no reason to wait.
              I think this is dumb.
              Take those people in, give them a more thorough show if no one else is in line , impress them, make it special because this is the best advertising you will find, happy, impressed customers.
              Would you rather have your helpers sitting around inside being bored? I sure would not. Get the fun started and keep it rolling.
              Sometimes armchair generals out smart themselves by thinking too much.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X