No announcement yet.

Vendor Coalition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, the part where you said any person running a show, will not be allowed to enter, what about those vendors that are vendors but own a event, Im a little lost on that scenario, because that would place us outside of HHVA and HHA as well. on that note, take alook at your typo at the bottom of your last post.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I think a haunt vendor association is a good idea, just not operated by one person with one goal with one agenda, and someone who bashes Transworld senseless. I'm all for it Kevin.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah rob,
        I noticed the typo and fixed it but it was bad timing and it didn't save.

I am sure the decision is going to be on a individual basis. ralph of Iron Kingdom is a vendor but he also has a gathering (Ironstock) not a convention so it would not keep him from joining.

I am sure the same would be for you.

thanks for the support Larry.

Folks,
        I hope no one misunderstands the purposes of this. the main mission is simply to keep all vendors in good communication with one another.
        That really is the main purpose at this moment.
        Whatever else the group does I am sure will be a GROUP decision.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

david...keith..and bo ...i think i can guess where they would vote to have it..
          in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

On-line Tradeshow

My fevered mind came up with an idea that may or may not be a good one. What if, after you have your vendor group established, the vendors set up an on-line trade show? It could be a web site that is only accessible one or two months out of the year. Maybe February and March would be the idea months. People going to the web site would have to enter in their contact info. in order to gain access. This would provide all the vendors with possible mailing lists, and as an incentive to buyers, once they have entered their info. they could be entered into sweepstakes for prizes donated by the vendors.
            Vendors could each have their own page on the site featuring their new product for the year. The buyer could browse the new stuff, and get a special discount code that would allow them to buy the new stuff at show prices for the 1 or 2 months the web site is active.
            I’m not saying this should be an alternative to a real trade show. Nothing is going to take the place of a hands on experience, but rather it would be a valuable addition to real tradeshow sales and normal web site sales. I know there are already vendor lists and yellow pages for vendors, but I think that the fact this would be an accessible web page for a limited amount of time each year, coupled with the idea of show prices, would make it more attractive to buyers. Who could resist seeing all the vendors new product in one place on line, and for a limited time get a discount on that product? Cost to the vendors would be miniscule compared to a real tradeshow. Each vendor could pay a little for the site, or the cost of maintaining the website could be passed on to the buyers by making them pay a few dollars in order to gain access to the site. This would also add to the excusive allure of the on-line trade show concept. Either way I think it would be a great idea.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

A Question.....

Lurker will Ed McMahon be the announcer for the sweepstakes? Also could someone please add some excitement to this post? Its going in circles.
              sigpic

Comment

Shane,
                As you have said before if you don't like this thread nobody said you had to look at it.
                So shut your pie hole!
                turdball
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Kevin....

Well I must say I was taken back by that comment. You may not realize this but I do have feelings , I am a human with a heart. I must say no one has ever called me a turdball with a pie hole. Although I was called a sorry shit head once!! Whoooo now thats what I am talking about! LMAO
                  sigpic

Comment

Kevin

Whats the status of the Vendor Coalition? Is things working out? Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

We are just trying to find our internal direction, build our membership, and unify our group.
                      So, we are not doing much more than internal communication, and determining what the group is going to do for the haunt community.

Working on the tradeshow front is our current focus.
                      thank you for asking.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

To be honest i think this is a great idea that is heart felt to many vendors. And why shouldnt we be upset about the gouging!! sorry folks but legally raping the vendors to me is a bad idea, so why should we stand for transworld sticking it to us,well i guess we dont have to show there, but when you have it cornered like they do it puts you in the position were you have to go, this is were the monopoly begins. I believe anything that could help the vendors could definetly help the buyers as well. Sorry about rambling...

Jason Blaszczak
                        SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Jason, your rambling did make a lot of sense.

As a vendor, I agree that there does need to be some form of unity to avoid "getting bent over" by the tradeshows. I'm curious to see how much pull this coalition can manager.
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                          X