No announcement yet.

Cleaning Up the Clutter!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry, I look through some of the PA attractions. Some ones in question are Atmos-Fear in Alquipa(no website), Frightworld in Buffalo, PA(No longer in PA, moved to NY), Blood Shead in Pittsburgh(no sure it even existed), Valley of the Gouls in Erie, The West Deer Haunted Attraction in Pittsburgh, Terror Hill Haunted Waterpark in Breinigsville, PA(website only has pictures of used ski equipment), and Morgan Grisly's Magnificent Museum of Morbid Monstrosities in Philly, PA. I also found a typo at the top of the page before the paid banners. It says "*blank state* search results brought to you buy" then it has the banners. Shouldn't it say by, not buy? If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.
    My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

InFoamTek

I am glad to see that you certanley made an ass of yourself here with your smartass remark InFoamTek . And for your info if you go back and look I offered to help Larry. I have free time because unlike...well I wont call a name I have a successful company I worked my ass off and built it from the ground up. So now your right I sit back and reap the rewards while I let my employees run what I built from the ground up. So yup free time is something I am used to. Hell thats why I came here I been in the Haunt Business for 20 years but only started coming here in Febuary. And everyone knows why I started coming here. Go look at my thread its had over 6000 hits its under Vendor Issues. Maybe I can start one on InFoamTech and you too will have plenty of time!!! Do you really want to go there? Also I might add your a vendor and I am sure all of us haunt owners are looking out for each other better be careful or your parking lot will also be empty because you pissed off the working haunt owners who is still in business think about it InFoamTek.
      Now back to what were here for. Were here to clean up the old out of business haunts this helps the customer and the haunt owner it keeps the customer from driving miles to an empty parking lot while ensuring the customer goes to a haunt thats still up and running thus saving the customer burnt gas money and time. Again what does this mean? It means they will come to a haunt thats up and running and will drive up the attendance of these who are still in business and busting their ass every night. Larry this is just another example of our haunt family working together as one. We have started to help you get the sight which you have worked so hard for to get cleaned up and updated . Thanks guys keep them coming when Larry returns from his nap he can start deleting again LOL. Larry did you ever think Graystone Manor or myself could have such an impact on you LMAO. Shane Graystone Manor
      ************UPDATE FOR LARRY! A COUPLE MORE HAUNTS IN BAMA TO ADD TO OUT OF BUSINESS***************
      ****Tharptown Haunted Barn In Russelleville
      ****Haunted Forrest In Jacksonville ( websight seems to be inactive)
      All it takes is each of us checking our states and doing as me email or try to call these people and Larry can delete them. This is our haunt family working together to help each other.
      Last edited by graystone; 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Nevada is now cleaned up. Any more states?

I don't mind taking off haunts that are no longer open if someone can point them to me. Thanks Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Indiana report ...

Larry, I have been working on Indiana for several hours. Have calls and email in to several that are questionable. Will post what I have soon.

As a side benfit, I am compiling my own list of info. I am gleaning info from it and also have found several more listing sites. One that had us listed and a couple others we are not on, all that we did not submit, but will for 2008.

p.s. Sure hope your programmer can do some majic in the suspension area that I mentioned earlier for the future though.
          Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
          Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Alabama updated again.

PA updated.

Anyone else???

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Cleaning out the deadwood is good, but I think over the years I have met and heard of some haunts that allow their websites to go dormant in the rest of the year yet still will return in the fall. If it is only the website activity that gets someone booted this might not be as accurate either?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim

Myself I have emailed or phoned so I know Alabama is accurate. Looks like Brett and some others is doing the same thing. Looks like this is one time were all working together for a better cause! So come on guys there is many states out there that needs to be cleaned up so your working haunt will be easy to spot and Larry is helping us out on this one on his end so let him know. He dont know unless you tell him. Thanks Larry and everyone else helping out! Shane Graystone Manor
                Last edited by graystone; 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

"Dead Meat" on the haunt listings may have been such a common problem with some lists that it has inspired some potential customers to always phone ahead ?
                  Anybody can also just goof around and make phoney web sites for chitts and gigglez ("NO! Really, JIM?")
                  We maintain my web site, update it, maintain a current phone message on my answering machine and still some people leave a message almost insisting that I make a return call to verify my existence and availability here.
                  Maybe the price of getting there will inspire even more double checking via phone this season? Keep those phone lines up and running too!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Indiana partial

Ok Larry,
                    Here are the easy ones.

THE HAUNTED TRAIN in bloomington is listed THREE times. They were open in 2007 and site looks like a itmap ad thing but it appears they will be open in 2008.

Screamers Haunted House in Indianapolis is listed TWICE and appears current.

THE COFFINS HAUNTED HOUSE in seymour CLOSED after 2006 and did not open in 2007. Is also listed TWICE as well.

Fright Night Haunted House in Indianapolis CLOSED after 2006 and did not open in 2007. Also listed TWICE.

There are six or seven more that either there website doesn't come up at all, their dates are also a cople of years old, and I have emails and call in to contacts I found here or in a domain whois listing. When I hear back on those I will post them.

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

one oops as well in Indiana listings

The Haunted Seminary in Plymouth has 4 W's in their link to their website so it comes up as nonexisting verizon search page. Take one W out and it goes to the right site. They probably would appreciate losing that W so they can get found!!

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

Indiana ALL FIXED...

Waiting for more direction!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Looks like

Things are getting worked on and off!!! Come on Guys step up to the plate if your state is not mentioned and find out who stays and who goes! Larrys up off his ass and doing some spring cleaning! Ok heres more for Alabama Larry
                          Falkville Fire and Rescue Haunted House ( called me back said 2006 was their last year they had their haunt and was no longer doing one)
                          Maze of Terror 2007 in Titus ( Keep the Maze of Terror in Titus they have 3 listings and asked to take the 2007 off and the other maze of titus listing in other words just leave 1 if you dont understand let me know Larry)
                          Last edited by graystone; 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Done.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

CT Listings