Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clown House Ideas?

Hello all,

We are changing out our Toxic Terror in 3-D haunt to a all out creepy clown house in 3-D this season.

Any good ideas for clown lines? Or storylines? Or scares?

Or even any good gags or one liners or actor que line props that work well?

Thanks in advance!

Happy Haunting
    Tim Dunne
    Frightkingdom
    Nashua NH
    www.FrightKingdom.com
    Tim Dunne
    www.FrightKingdom.com
    Proud Member of the HHA
    www.HHAssociation.com

When Dr. Pain's switched to a Twisted Carnival for its 5th year anniversary, it was a bit hard for me to come up with clown lines.

Really, I could conjure up was, "Sheepies! 'O Sheepies! Stay and play, sheepies! Stay and play!", "I like candy!", "Corn Flakes!", and "Give it back! I know you stole it! I-WANT-IT-BACK!" even though they didn't take a thing. Then again I didn't have an assigned room to exploit so that gave me limited material.

Here's a gag, remember the handkerchiefs out the mouth trick? Here's how you can end it with your own intestines coming out: Take a long piece of string and cover it with Great Stuff Foam so it looks like a long, bumpy, foamy sausage. When it dries, spray paint it with red and some black for depth. Then tie handkerchiefs to the end of the intestine. There you go. Just shove that up your sleeve, put your wrist up to your mouth and start pulling the handkerchiefs out with the other hand. Made gagging noises for effect.

If you have a rubber chicken: "Hey, you like chicken?....Well I hate chicken!" Then slam the chicken on the ground, stomp on it, and kick it away.
    Last edited by Smiley; 04-26-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks good stuff Smiley!
      Tim Dunne
      www.FrightKingdom.com
      Proud Member of the HHA
      www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

3 words! - Tonz of sinester cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Taylor

Comment

REDRUM,
          One idea that I came up with that I'd love to see produced is a small "display" at the entrance of the haunt that resembles a "clown factory" or clown storage room.

Right over the entrance into the attraction, there's a large pipe with valves, etc and the pipe is labeled "LAUGHING GAS".
          As guest begin their experience, the pipe "bursts" and fog flows out , creating a curtain of fog to walk through to begin the maze.

I think it could be a lot of fun if presented in the right way.

As far as one-liners, I used to come behind folks and whisper, "What's got 2 legs and runs fast"?....I hope it's you!"

Best of luck!
          Nick
          Nick Collins
          SEE-NICK-DESIGN
          Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Comment

i have been to a few full themed clown houses, and i noticed
            that certain tactics worked very well.

One thing i suggest is creating many back doors and secret
            passways for actors to move from room to room, causing multiple
            scares by the same actor. Keep some actors in a certain room for
            themes and effects, but allow 3 to 4 to roam the haunt.

The effect that startled me the most was a trick hallway. when entered,
            an actor guided us to what looked like a hallway, with arrows painted
            towards it and what not. when we entered, the actual hallway was only
            so long before we hit a wall. we were confused and decided to turn around
            to go back, when another actor who had hidden on the opposite end of
            the hallway attacked us.

what made it effective is that in most groups the ones who are more scared
            will end up in the back of the group, so when they reverse to turn around they
            are the first to be startled. after the tour, I got a chance to meet with the owner of the haunt, and thanked him for a wonderful show. He explained that the fake
            hallway had 90% effectiveness. with this scare, it put the guests on edge, and caused them to be in more fear of what was ahead

Comment

I've spent the last 4 years as a Klown in two different
              haunts.

On of the best rooms we had was a small circus tent
              with balloons on the floor... covered in balloons...
              and several huge jack-in-a-box boxes.....to hide in and behind.

Of course... a good Klown soundtrack in the background
              is important!!

Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

The room that I did at FrightFest last year won 2nd place and only took 15 min’s to set up and most of that was getting power to the room. I’m sure it must have been done before but no one there had seen it before.

Had a circus sound track playing, a bubble machine blowing bubbles and a strobe light. The strobe stops the bubbles in mid air and looks very cool, and while the people are ogling at them a killer clown jumps out blowing a mouth fart horn and scares the crap out of them.

It is best to have flat black walls so the light from the strobe does not bounce off of the walls. The strobe can either point in the direction of the people or away, which gives two different effects so you can pick which one you like the best. Some bubble machines really blow out bubbles fast so it is best to have a longer room like a 10” x 20’ so they slow down a bit for a good strobe effect.
                Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                www.Monster-Tronics.com
                Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Jeff,
                  How did you deal with the bubble residue on the floor?
                  I think the idea sounds great but would be concerned that guests may slip.
                  Was this ever a problem?

Thanks!
                  Nick
                  Nick Collins
                  SEE-NICK-DESIGN
                  Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Comment

Nick,

That is a good point and I meant to bring that up. Ours was done in a tent with a ground floor so it wasn’t much of a problem, but I would suggest using one of those grated floors like they use when you do water effects, plus have carpeted mats after you exit to help clean off your feet.

Bubbles do create a big mess and requires extra cleaning after each night. If you want a maintenance free room, don’t do bubbles!
                    Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com
                    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

A clown restroom with a busted toilet. You could use some brightly colored play dough to make fake clown turds laying on the toilet seat. You could make them in different colors and have them glow under a black light. Maybe have an evil clown hanging around in there with a hidden fart machine in his pants making lots of fart noises.

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas and input everyone!
                        Tim Dunne
                        www.FrightKingdom.com
                        Proud Member of the HHA
                        www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

I dont know how big your budget is, but a hall of mirrors would be cool. Just have one clown reak havoc in one semi big room, about the size of a bedroom with some hidden alcoves but pretty much completely wall to wall cieling covered with mirrors to disorient your guests. Maybe some streamers. You could also smear cryptic messages no the mirrors with lipstick hahaa.

But those are just my two cents.

-Zackary J

Comment

Working...
                          X