Any feedback on SPFX silicone masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback on SPFX silicone masks

I have seen SPFX masks at Transworld the past few years now. Can anyone give me feedback on their personal experience using them. They are quite an investment. Are they everything the site says they are?? Are they worth that kinda coin? Thanx as always . Dave

Worth every penny!
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

SPFX masks are GREAT! They also came out with REAL U masks for that added touch of realism that may be needed somewhere!
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Spfx

Dave save yourself some headaches and go to CFX.
        Much better quality at a better price

Comment

I cant agree more...

Paul your exactly right call Wes at CFX they are good to work with and prices are great!!! Shane Graystone Manor
          Last edited by graystone; 04-26-2008, 04:22 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

We have 3 different SPFX masks. All of them look incredible and all have held up well for us. Worth every penny we paid.

Comment

If you are interested, we just introduced silicone pre-painted appliances. We have nothing but great things to say about the masks but they are incredibly hot! That's why we introduced these. We only have four styles right now but will have 6 more in about a month. They come pre-painted, include special adhesive and remover, and have a lightweight hair stocking attached so they can be simplay slipped on. Being silicone, they are completely re-usable!

https://www.edgedesignsonline.com/Freakin_Faces.html

Matt
              Edge Designs
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I own 3 of the SPFX masks and they are great. Rusty was the originator and his detail is amazing.
                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Rusty is no innovator, just the first to bring them to market, again, I love his stuff! These have been in the Hollywood business for at least 15 years!
                  Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

SPFX silicone masks

I bought 4 silicone mask from CFX last season and they were well worth it. Phil
                    frightland.com

Comment

SPFX Masks are awesome..... the detail in the clown mask as well as a few others rawks. Now the down side, you must cut holes in the ears or youll pop your ear drums putting them on and taking them off ( suction ) AND without earholes it becomes hard to hear, less hearing = less scare...

THEY ARE HOTTER THAN HELL if your actors are standing still they arent too bad but if they are aggressive think of how thick these masks are.....

Not to talk them down, SPFX Masks rawk.... they are great for advertisements, news, parades, photo shoots, etc. the detail is second to NONE.... a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Jusy my opinion - for what it is worth....
                      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com
                      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                        SPFX Masks are awesome..... the detail in the clown mask as well as a few others rawks. Now the down side, you must cut holes in the ears or youll pop your ear drums putting them on and taking them off ( suction ) AND without earholes it becomes hard to hear, less hearing = less scare...

THEY ARE HOTTER THAN HELL if your actors are standing still they arent too bad but if they are aggressive think of how thick these masks are.....

Not to talk them down, SPFX Masks rawk.... they are great for advertisements, news, parades, photo shoots, etc. the detail is second to NONE.... a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Jusy my opinion - for what it is worth....
                        All spfx masks are all made with ear holes now. Also spfx masks uses a different formula in the silicone so it is much softer and easier to stretch. I own a imp from cfx and it doesn't move with your face like spfx does. Both companies are great but I give the edge to spfx masks and rusty.
                        Kyle Nadeau
                        Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
                        Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
                        www.HauntedStadium.com
                        HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

Oddly enough,
                          Comparing CFX with SPFX really is like comparing skulls to pumpkins.
                          Their style of work is so different that a comparison is not fair to either company.
                          They both have their own niche.
                          Rusty is doing much more work with realism and CFX is doing much more creature work.
                          Personally I am impressed with both on different levels.

It really should be about who takes the best care of their customers.
                          Who also provides the best product, and I think this is a close comparison because they both make awesome products.
                          Who guarantees or atleast repairs their product if you get a tear.

But if you are basing your decisions on price then you are making the wrong comparison.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com
                          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Thanx

Thank You everyone for all the great informative feedback. Dave Link

Comment

Working...
                            X