No announcement yet.

looking 2 go pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap can the haunted house industry not give any advice without getting into little squabbles! Tyler buddy..Heres my advice before you jump in heads first make sure you get all the experence that you need. Talk to local charity haunts, Follow a fellow owner around for a season to see all that he goes through. Sure scaring the crap outta people is fun and most haunts do make money, It requires alot to start up. For example, Actors, your going to get all sorts of people wanting to work in your haunt, But Most wont provide there own makeup, Costumes or any sort of training. So then you need to get makeup, a Makeup artist, some good costumes...and it just snowballs from there.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I was just reading the post before mine and it can be very true, the small town helping you out.
      I had no money at all when I "bought" my house. I did find two local backers that believed in me because they had seen my work ethic for 15 years.
      I have always been surprised at the way people around here have thought of me and my haunted house by giving me old piles of lumber and strange objects that somehow made them think of "me"?
      A painting contractor used to give me many free gallons of new paint every year, we finally had to ask him to stop!
      The local electrician has always been very generous with his knowledge and has helped me in emergencys with never a thought for me to pay him, he even gave me some brand new 100 amp circuit breaker boxes and just asked me to replace them in his inventory when I got around to it.
      A man in the concrete business came down here and gave me maybe a yard of concrete off his truck for nothing and at that time I had no money at all, but the need for the concrete was very important at that moment.
      I was given a very sound farmhouse to demo for the lumber just for the ripping out and trucking away.
      Customers of mine from many times very far away from here have given me often times usefull and neat things including masks that I had never knew were ever made before, still in excellant condition.
      Then illustrating the old saying concerning "Taking the bad with the good", when I had no fencing around my yard people would dump truck loads of old appliances and parts of things down into my yard and drive away before I was awake or home. Sometimes much later someone might tell me they gave me these things and they genuinely thought I could find a way to make use of the items.
      Yes old micro waves have numerous micro switches in them, but how many micro waves do I need ? No more, thank you.
      People can be very considerate much of the time.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What gives around here?

I come on here and offer some good advice to the young man who asked a question and I get insulted for my troubles. Nobody says anything about those insults. I reply back with some rather pointed questions (Yes, they were phrased as questions) and make a joke, using Southern stereotypes, that I purposely aim ONLY at the insulter (and Bill Clinton). Realizing that a flame war is not going to help Taylor, I edit the the post out within a half hour of posting it.

Hours later, I'm being lambasted about a post that no longer exists. Mostly by people who have only made a couple of posts before this. IF YOUR 555, you mean to say you're going to cut me and only me off forever because I caught your song title reference and made a little joke about it. (I joked he was 667, the neighbor of the Beast. You know, instead of 666, the number of the Beast. Saw it on a bumper sticker a while back and thought it was humorous). Hauntedhousenut, If you had somebody chasing you around the board, insulting you, you might get a little miffed too. Think about it.

(Please read this next part carefully)
        I am not saying this is what is going on now, but in the past some people have created multiple "ghost" avatars that they use to create an illusion of solidarity. The fact that most of the posters who were telling me off, have only a few posts before this and have absolutely no information in their public proflie, could give the impression that "ghost" avatars are being used against me. If this is NOT the case, I apologize to everybody for being a little paranoid. But if this is what's going on, shame on you.

Now, let's get back to helping Taylor.

Comment

There is now in effect an ancient curse on those "ghost" multiple posters ."If your post is a ghost , may your next grab of toilet paper for your personal use become a ghost as you reach to apply it!"
          NOW you will know why there is always a sink in the little toilet room!
          Otherwise no handshake for you, Brownie Scout!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nope,not a ghost.My name is Brett Meyer and I live in Magnolia Springs Alabama.My phone number is 251 965 3604. Nothing to hide here.

Comment

thnx 2 all 4 the replys!!!! this is overwelming!!!!!!!!!!! do i nedd $10000 or $35000 i just dont no but my uncle has sevral old bildings n may-b i mite be able 2 use 1 of his? but ihave news it turns our my freind has Kelly Allensbook and he will let me read it!!!! wat luck! LOL!!!!!!!

wOw thanks 4 all the amazing suport! i apreciatte all off youre opinons as i make my journy to go pro!!!!!!!!!!!

-Taylor

Comment

Good luck Taylor, I wish you the best!

Comment

thnx IY5- LOL!!!!!!

-Taylor

Comment

Working...
                  X