Ripley's Haunted Adventure sleepover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripley's Haunted Adventure sleepover

I received this email from Rick Davis of DAFE, and thought there might be some people here interested in this event, so I thought I would post it here for him....me and a few other people I know are probably going.....

Any haunts out that way interested in being one of the attractions toured?...lemme know and I'll put you in touch with Rick...

For those of you that don't know much about DAFE, it's like ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) for dark attractions...you can learn more at www.DAFE.org ...they have a great attraction finder on their site for attractions that are open more than just the October season, which is handy for haunters that can't get out during that time of year...

__________________________________________________ ___________

Some of you have already heard rumors about the 2007 DAFE event. Basically, we are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN the weekend of April 21. This is the weekend following the opening of the new mine/darkride/coaster at Dollywood. We also plan to spend Sunday in Gatlinburg basically doing every Ripley's attraction in town! Probably a half day Friday doing the other haunted house in Gatlinburg and other attractions there and in Pigeon Forge.

The real reason for this email is to get a feel not only for how many of you would plan to attend, but to gauge the interest in a very special add on event. Tim O'Brien (former Amusement Business editor, author, and TV amusement park show guy.) now works for Ripley's and is helping plan the Ripley's portion of the event. Tim has offered us a special night for those interested. He originally offered us a sleepover under the shark tank in the aquarium, BUT he is going to see if we can change that to a sleep over inside the haunted attraction instead!

I need to know how many of you would be interested in doing a sleep over. While we don't have firm plans yet, here is the general idea- it will be about $25 each, included will be a pizza party the night before (possibly while viewing the movie Funhouse which inspired the haunted house sleepover) and a continental breakfast in the morning. Cheaper than any motel and a hell of lot more fun! This will be something unique that no one else has done before and just may be good for some media coverage for DAFE. Once we have enough interest to do it (we need about 20 people) we'll work on the details such as whether we need to supply our own sleeping bags.

If you think you are going to attend the event and are interested in the sleepover in the haunted attraction, please reply as soon as possible so I can get back to Tim.

Rick
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com
Working...
X