Haunted House Central is now online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Central is now online!

www.hauntedhousecentral.com We are a Haunted House and Halloween information resource designed for both enthusiasts and professionals. Our mission is to help educate, inform and share resources with the "haunted" community! We encourage the sharing of ideas and experience and we look forward to "your" participation. Opening soon will be free haunt listings and "yes"...the return of Fright Times Magazine! This time the magazine will be online, enabling us to provide it to you at little cost. All your favorite Haunted House veterans will be back to bring you the lastest in true "how-to" information.
    We will also be unveiling on May 10th our free sponsorship program..that's right...as in "no cost" to you... that will help put dollars in your pocket..this Halloween season.
    So let the fun begin and spread the word..Haunted House Central is born!
    Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Seems like you have a lot of paranormal stuff...sounds fun! I can't wait to watch an episode of your show once you get that online! Good luck John...got your call the other day. I'm going to call you back!!!

Did you say you're going to Chiller? I'm going to try and make it on Sunday. I have to stop through Philly first. Chiller isn't far from Philly is it?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thank Larry!

Actually I'm going to the Eastern Haunter Convention..but thanks...we are rapping up editing the show next week..I will give you a sneak preview soon. Right now busy working on the next issue of Fright Times.. Talk to you soon.
      Professor Nightmare

Comment

Yes I'm hoping to fly through there as well on Sunday. I thought you meant you and Ricky are going to Chiller. Did you know Chiller is the same weekend?

Good luck with Fright Times.

I always loved Fright Times.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Chiller

Yeah...I did know about Chiller but I think the Eastern Haunter's Convention will be really something to watch! With the rising union prices of the "big" shows, I think that Midwest, Eastern and Hauntcon will continue to grow and allow vendors to capture different clientele with paying huge costs. You can now go to 3 smaller shows for the price of one. Just my opinion but these shows are designed for us and our industry.
          JD

Comment

John,

Going to three or four different cities to reach the whole group of our industry isn't my answer to saving money! LOL

We need one major buyers seller show and I think that is probably going happen and be announced soon.

I think MHC does really good for vendors and I think EHC will do good for locals as well because they're just so freakin close to a lot of different people.

PA is so close to more people its sick! Philly is like the capital of the East Coast so I think they will do awesome!!!! Hauntworld is sponsoring the EHC and we plan on attending to support this show.

We sent them something like 300 or more FREE magazines to hand out to their guests.

The producers of EHC are very professional and very nice people!!! I wish them all the luck in the WORLD!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I agree , they are great people.

I'm doing a seminar there this weekend to show my support. As for as different cities being more expensive, I disagree. The empty isles of the transworld show this year has open many eyes. I have always enjoyed the Transworld shows of years gone by but they have embraced the party stores and diminished the attention to our industry.

Comment

Hey Larry, are you doing a seminar on Saturday at EHC? On their website it says you are scheduled, but I remember you saying something about being at Kennywood for the opening. I hope there isn't any miscommunication issues here! Just thought I would let you know.

-Garry Richwine Jr.
                My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

I would think New York, or even Atlanta would be more the capital of the east coast than Philly. Also, lets not forget that the capital of the whole country is DC!

Allan

Comment

Southwest

Either way Southwest has cheap fights to any of those! Larry are you coming in before or on Sunday? Ricky will be there too..someone is bound to get drybrushed!

Comment

The Music...

I love the website! But... the music has to go. There are some pages where you can turn it off.. but some you cant. I want to listen to the Ads.. but I cant hear them with the background music. Otherwise, it looks great!

Kyle - Screams of Night

Comment

You're right..

You're right...fixing that and other tweaks as we speak. I really appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Comment

Small vender = small farmer raising cows, chickens, corn, hogs= not putting all of your work and hopes into one basket.
                          One big show could = one big "0" if a calamity occured there right in time for the big show.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

costs

Not trying to start a debate here on costs, but many of you who have either free help or minimum wage help and the price of the ticket is similar between the event.

Same with union and non-union areas. I worked for an electrical contractor that layed off the union guys, terminated his contract with the hiring hall, and hired his own untrained guys. The price of his billings actually went up. And the wages/benefits he paid his employees had dropped dramatically. The customers ended up with inferior work and higher costs. He lost many customers after the billings and poor work.

Now, I know in many big cities, the venues' unions do take advantage of situations. And we all know that insurance policies make restrictions on all of us and convention centers are not immune. Lawyers and greedy people have caused everybody to go overboard in regards to many things. Where I work, the insurance and safety requirements cause anyone driving and vehicle, lift, cherry picker, or fork truck to get training. I was helping a friend with his business and hired a company to lift a parking lot light with their bucket truck and before the owner had it three feet off the ground, I stopped him and fired him. Visions of the light crashing and buying it were caused by his untrained habits. Sure, he owned the truck, but it didn't mean he could run the thing.

Back to convention costs, the booth space cost is driven by the show owner and venue. The drayage is added.

Big cities drive prices for everything up a lot.

Chicago-TW (8 million people) and Vegas-TW (1.5 million), Houston-2009 Costume show (2 million) and costs will be much higher than smaller cities like Columbus-MWH (700k), Exton/Frazer-Eastern (4k) , or others.

St Louis ( 2.75 million), hmm.

Overall, I like the potential for vendors thinking that 3 smaller shows are as good or better than one big one. I could live with that.
                            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Brett,
                              Actually there are a lot more things that go into the cost than just the population base (the Columbus metro area is 1.2 million). You have to look into what other events are in the area and the total space available. One other big factor that MHC thinks about is setup/tear down days. A big show like TW has 2 or 3 days of setup and a full day tear down which means the vendors are paying for the facility on those days. I use one day for setup and we tear down right after the show. Most vendors can live with this however some cannot. It is a trade off.

Comment

Working...
                              X