Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be M. Night Shyamalan BEST movie thus far???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be M. Night Shyamalan BEST movie thus far???

Whats Happening? -

I wanna see this movie - it has me intrigued

Last edited by TheNightMare; 05-20-2008, 05:55 PM.

That looks like it has some good potential! Who would have though Mark Wahlberg would have turned out to be a decent actor afterall?

Allan

Comment

Wow, based on the trailer, this movie looks great! Then again, the trailer for “The Village” looked awesome, but the ending was soooooo disappointing. Hopefully Shyamalan did better this time.
      Last edited by Haunted Illinois; 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM.
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Yeah I liked the village but I think i knew where it was headed half way thru the film...but i didnt really get Lady in the Water, it was different for sure. But Night's movies rarely disappoint so I will def be checking this new one out.
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

I do have my fingers crossed.
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com
          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Im wait to video with him anymore. He will never make another movie as good as his first. The rest just cant compare!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Oh man, thanks for posting this, I completely forgot to check out the trailer. Though these end of the world movies do put me in a bit of a downer, this one has my attention.

Plus Mark Wahlberg is the s***

Nothing like feeding off the fear of terrorists and doomsday, wouldn't you say? TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE! Excuse me, I'll be in my bomb shelter.
              - - Luke - -

Comment

I'm a huge fan of M. Night!

I loved The Village because I knew which direction it was taking me. I believe the trailers gave people the wrong impression of what the movie was about, thus their disappointment.

Lady in the Water was wonderful, as well. In my opinion, M. Night is simply a storyteller who's stories he has turned into movies. Not matter what he does, I will be there to watch....

Comment

This movie looks pretty sweet, but I think M Night is predictable in that he has a consistant formula, not unlike Steven King. Personally, I think the last 15 mins feel like he's in a rush to wrap it up(except for the best film he has made - sixth sense), like S. Kings last chapter is usually rediculous. Hopefully Wahlberg will give it some "Good Vibrations" and make us "feel it, feel it." *heh heh heh
                  Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Heh, it's funny that Marky Mark can't shake his Funky Bunch days. Niel Patrick Harris has the same problem. I saw the new Harold and Kumar the other day and when he came on screen a bunch of people in the theater yelled "Doogie!".

Anyway, this movie does look good. I almost think Shyamalan has fallen into a trap of feeling like he has to have a twist ending in everything he does. At this point the twist would be not having one. (Lady in the Water doesn't really count I guess.)
                    Motors and skulls:
                    http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

Awesome preview, CHECK IT OUT, its the Red Band Trailer

Comment

I have been pretty disappointed in his last couple of movies. I honestly don't think this one is going to be much better.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

This is M. Night's first R-rated thriller, so it will be interesting to see how far he goes in terms of violence and intensity.

Good or bad, I'm just happy to see any new horror or genre movie that isn't a remake or sequel. Say what you what about M. Night's track record, at least he's telling original stories.

What is it with him and water, by the way? It's a common link in 3 of his films: Unbreakable, Signs, and Lady in the ... well, you know
                          Scott Simmons
                          The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                          http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                            I have been pretty disappointed in his last couple of movies.
                            Me too, but I'm liking the look and feel from these previews. We'll see.

Comment

I like Mark Wahlberg and that was a very good trailer. I get scared the most when I don't have any idea what I'm running from...
                              Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
                              ~Miracle Max

Comment

Working...
                              X