How Many Rooms Can I Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Rooms Can I Fit?

I have a 23 x 23 sized garage. And i am trying to see how many rooms i can reasonalby fit in my garage for the 2008 Haunting season. As you already know that is going to be part of my haunted house/haunted back yard. And i am looking for some of your input, to see how many rooms i can fit in my garrage..so any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    ~Troy

More description...

This is totally a loaded question. It depends on how much you will have in your haunt. What kind of theme it is, etc. We need more description of what your haunt is all about.

Kyle
    Screams of Night

Comment

Depends really on what size rooms you want to see in the space allocated.

23 x 23 = 529

If each room was 100 square feet (10 x 10) you have 5 rooms. And if you divide in half you'd have 10 rooms.

Maybe I'm wrong but you also have to count wall space.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you

Good Luck

Comment

Most importantly the question is what kind of throughput you are looking for in your haunt. If you are looking to do shows that require an entire group to witness things at once, you will need larger rooms to fit everyone in, and on the other hand if you want to make it a gauntlet of rooms and scares where people file through in a line, you don't need them as big. If you make the rooms too small, you will only be able to fit a few people in there at once, and if you would want larger groups you'll have to choose less rooms with bigger space.

For all this you must take into account the size of the props/scenes in each room, how much space they will take up and then how much space is left over for your audience to file in/through. Don't forget to leave room for everything you are looking to include.
        - - Luke - -

Comment

When I look at a layout and try to imagine rooms/scenes, I really need to be in the space and see for myself. Take some 4x8 plywood sheets or wall panels, and a few friends in the garage. Set these up in room fashion, see if there is enough space in the confines of those plywood boards to properly execute your scene. Take chalk and divide the garage up, you might want to leave some space in the middle for you sound and light controls and for a actors to access the scenes.

I tell new haunters who say "how many rooms or scenes should I have?"

These considerations should be addressed...

1. Budget
          2. Location
          3. Theme
          4. Staff
          5. Time

How many rooms can you afford, how much space do you have or can you use, how many do you need, how many actors do you have to staff them, and how much time you have to build these scenes.

Some of these might not apply to you, but think these things out when deciding. Rooms look different on paper than in real life. You see one thing in your mind. Use the plywood panels to help you determine how big a room you need. Maybe 8 x 8 can convey what you need. As someone else said, how many people can you put thru in each group.

Here is a simple example to look at.

Good Luck

Timmy
          Attached Files
          Hauntus Emeritus
          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Of course the ultimate design once you have two groups inside is to have it made so the two groups wander passed one another, accidently scaring each other! No helpers needed for that!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Krone Daddy,
              My entrance would be in the lower left hand corner and my exit would be in the upper left hand corner. Im not sure if that would be a good idea. But i for surely like ur floor plan that you made up. Thanx!

Comment

Working...
              X