Invent your job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invent your job

Today a young woman was talking alot about her job in a Wall-Mart warehouse.
    I listened and listened.....
    Recently my young wife informed me that at my age no employer would want to hire me for anything (nearly 59!)
    When the young Wall-Mart warehouse employee stopped talking and took a breath I said, "I could get a job there as a "Greeter!"
    She focused on me ,pondering what I had said, then she informed me that Wall-Mart warehouses don't have "greeters"!
    "I know! I just invented my new job!"
    ("Thanks for showing up for work today!")

Later tonight as I was driving back from the grocery store I saw three people standing in a yard visiting. It was Ralph Hough and his new neighbors from "The City", a couple who moved to Mount Carroll after seeing my house here! (Yes they did!)
    I just had to turn around, drive back and warn the new people! I stopped in the middle of the street , they looked at me , I pointed at Ralph and said:"I have to warn you about him, your neighbor," Pointing at Ralph,"he's pretending to be nice ...but he is actually ..nicer."

Ralph is a retired college administrator who was one of the small group of local people who heard me out 20 years ago concerning my wild idea to have a year-round haunted house.
    He finally told me, "Smart people always find a way to get things done that they want to do."
    ("Smart"? I traded gobbs of physical ambition for alot of the "smart" factor needed.)
    20 years ago I created my job, still working on it and in it, on it everyday, in it every night.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 05-05-2008, 11:34 PM.
    hauntedravensgrin.com
Working...
X