Foam Noodle Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Noodle Time!

Just a quick reminder. It's this time of year that the foam "noodles" for pools are available. Besides the WallyWorld or KMart outlets, must dollar stores carry some smaller diameter ones. (REMEMBER...They are usually only around for a limited time, so do not delay!)

They are great to pad things with, stuff bodies with, hang a boat-load of them in a hallway...

I have hung them in hallways, used some big ones to pad my StalkAbout shoulder rig, padded sharp corners with them.

So how would YOU use your noodles???? Any ideas???
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

i'll get the noodles!

sorry that's an inside joke with the construcion crew at the uss nightmare.

Comment

That is a great idea.I also want to know what some other uses are that we could get out of them.And do'nt reply with something stupid.I know of some props that we might could use them on.

Comment

They make great Gothic Headers, cut them at about a 60 degree angle, and put the two pieces together so they form a point. You can attach them over a door, or with some internal structure you can have them up in the air like some sort of cathedral. There was a video on this in an old Haunted Media DVD.

Thanks

Ben
        NETHERWORLD

See below what we did with them...
        Attached Files
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

For thoes who dont know.

If you have a local Dollar Tree they have the good ones (noodles) as well. You can go in and tell the manager you want a case and they will get you as many cases as you want this goes for anything they have in their stores. You can have it shiped to your hanunt ,home or they will ship to your local store and you wont have to pay shipping. During the holidays my company buys hundreds of cases of products from them. I use them as give away promotions. And you sure cant beat the price. Just thought I would let everyone know! Shane
          sigpic

Comment

Some of you may know our employe Rev, we like to put him in a straight jaket and beat the living hell out of him with fun noodles!

We have carved these with an electric knife and coated them with thickened latex to make soft spikes. We put several around a fake tree trunk and we have the old Rambo boody trap swinging tree or spiked gothic torture wall.

Matt
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I agree with Ben

They are great for headers or for smaller pieces...grab some pipe insulation.
              Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Yup, they are awesome. I learned about them from The great Kevin McCurdy back in 01, when we were working on boneyards China Show.he had found the ones that are hexagons, not just round. we split them in half and used them for window mouldings and they were great. so easy to bend, so easy to cut and splice.
                a little paintable caulk to fill the seams, and done.
                Gravely MacCabre
                aka Ricky Dick
                Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                and
                Midnight Monster Hop
                Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                www.castleblood.com
                www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                Lifetime achievement award winner
                International Costumers Guild

Comment

Way to use your noodle! LOL! Great ideas thanks for sharing! Thought about some of them. But I really like the molding and header ideas.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Hey Shane

Do you imprint them somehow as advertising for giveaways or do you just let them take them home to smack each other around? I assume you would give them out at the end, not while they are standing in line and before they go into the haunt?

Comment

I used foam noodles to create spikes for a "spike drop" prop I built last year. I cut them at an angle, filled the hole with a little "Great Stuff", and painted them various dark colors. I cut holes in a thick piece of plywood a little smaller than the diameter of the noodle, squeezed them in tight, and caulked around the base of the noodle on both sides to keep them in place. After some detailing, and tons of loud violent slap downs, the scene worked very well, and surprisingly- the noodles held up!

Chip "Pigman" DeLong
                      Attached Files
                      Chip "Pigman" DeLong
                      Scared to the Bone Productions
                      Pigman's Lair Haunted Attraction
                      Chelsea/Ann Arbor MI
                      www.pigmanslair.com

Comment

Working...
                      X