Attention Vendors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our vendor listing is coming along!

I like the sight Larry, we haven't had any problems adding our pictures of our products or our banner. We should be getting some video of peoples reactions to our parts....priceless! I think video is a great idea especially for prodcuts that strive for realism!

Jeff
    sigpic
    The only place to get more realistic body parts is the local morgue"
    www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

Larry, I asked that you check this out earlier this week....

I was the very first one to post their business under the heading "Haunted Suppliers" and included a banner as well. Others have since added their businesses in that particular section.... Some have appeared above my listing while others appear below it.

What exactly determines the "positioning" of a business in any of the categories? Is it the date when they signed up and added their business in a particular category, or some other reason? If it's when they first signed up and posted their business, then shouldn't mine still be at the top of the list? I was just wondering how things work on this new Directory.

Thanks!
      The Haunter's Depot
      www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

A reply to my previous post would be appreciated, Larry.

Thanks!
        The Haunter's Depot
        www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

I agree

Hi Roy I sent Larry a private message about that very same issue. I don't like the way vendors that just signed up are pushing down the vendors that took the time to get on there right away. Maybe send him a private message to and maybe he will look into it. It doesn't seem fair the way it is right now though.

Also I am glad he or someone made that company with the questionable name change it. I think that sends a bad message and just further makes our industry seem ridiculous, like a carnie sideshow.

Jeff
          sigpic
          www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

I thought we were a Carny Sideshow
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Suggestion: Daily rotation of information

I did send Larry a PM a little over a week ago about this issue and was told that he does agree with this and would look into it.

Nothing against those that signed up after I did (and I was the very first one to put my information in the "Haunted Suppliers" section), but I do agree that those who hopped right on this opportunity earlier should be the ones that show up first on the list.

Or, how about this....

What about a daily rotation? One day, my business could be shown at the top of the list. On the next day, my information drops down one position and whoever was on the bottom of the list the previous day goes up to the top, and so on until the rotation is completed and starts all over again. I think that this would be the fair thing to do so that everyone gets a shot at being the first one as seen by potential customers.
              The Haunter's Depot
              www.HauntersDepot.com

Comment

Still no answer

Still no answer what about you Roy????

Jeff
                sigpic
                www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

Nope! Still no reply! I know he's here since he keeps posting for other subjects.

As other suppliers are added, the rest of us get moved "down the list" and eventually even perhaps onto another page where we might not even be seen by the shopping public.

What needs to be done (as I said before) is to be FAIR to everyone. And the only way that I can see this happening is that all listings get rotated, and do so on a regular (daily?) basis. For instance, on one day a particular listing can be found at the very top with everyone else listed under it. On the next day, that banner gets moved to the bottom and the former #2 listing rises up to the #1 position.... and so on. If there is another way to be fair to "everyone" concerned the we would like to know. Any other suggestions out there? But for now, what we really need is communication from the only person that can make this happen.

For those of you who have already posted your listing in the directory (no matter what category), what are your views on this, please?

Thanks!
                  The Haunter's Depot
                  www.HauntersDepot.com

Comment

Sorry...

Here is the deal... I'm not doing anything with it until after we send out our massive mailing to about 400 potential vendors next week. Once there are about 200 listings, which shouldn't take long after the mailing, I'm going to upload all of the banners for magazine advertisers, and adjust everything.

Once there are about 200 vendors listed, with updated profiles and after we have uploaded all the vendor banners over the hauntworld you see blinking over and over again, we will send out about 10,000 letters, and emails to alert the industry about the new service.

Everything is going in steps...right now I'm helping people understand the system. So again after everyone has their profile up we'll work on the rest of the system.

The people who advertise in the magazine will be listed first as featured listings but we don't even had that going yet.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
                      The Haunter's Depot
                      www.HauntersDepot.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Larry for the reply. I know it must be a big process rolling out all the new features. I do look forward to seeing the end product and hopefully it will help the haunt owners as well. I know as an owner i had to search the web for all the things I needed. Having a one stop vendor place related to our industry should help us all.

Jeff
                        sigpic
                        www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

I am also looking forward to seeing how this new feature will help both our businesses and the haunt industry as a whole. If you would, please keep us advised on how things are progressing on a regular basis.

Thanks!
                          The Haunter's Depot
                          www.HauntersDepot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X