Thanks to Fright Manor, Baxter Ave Morgue, Haunted Hotel+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Fright Manor, Baxter Ave Morgue, Haunted Hotel+

Myself and a few crew members from Fear Fair have had the pleasure the last two Thursday nights of touring some outstanding nearby haunts. It's a time honored tradition in our neck of the woods to let fellow haunters and their crew visit us (especially on slower nights) without admission. It's a tradition that I hope can live on for a long time. I know our doors are open at Fear Fair to any and all other local haunts.

Special thanks to Tom and Steven at Fright Manor, Glenn and Van at Industrial Nightmare and Haunted Hotel and Joey at Baxter Ave Morgue. Every one of these shows impressed me and gave me fresh inspiration. If you live in the Indianapolis or Louisville area, you owe it to yourself to check out these outstanding local haunts. I am so glad we didn't open on Thursdays this season.

From the skillful use of misdirection at Fright Manor to the Intensity at Haunted Hotel to the theatrical masterpiece that is Baxter Ave Morgue, these haunts did not fail to impress. On a Thursday night with short staff I am sure. And if you haven't been to Industrial Nightmare this season, Glenn and the rest of the new crew are really bringing the old girl back from the dead.

Thanks, everyone. Now let's rock the final five and close the 06 season out with a bang!

Brett
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Hey Bret, thanks for the Kudos. Glad you enjoyed your Experience at the Hotel and IN. Next year look for even bigger surprises at Industrial. We have some SICK plans for that 60,000 Warehouse!
    - Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
    Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
    http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

Our trail was rained out Friday night so we took the opportunity to see Industrial Nightmare and Baxter Avenue Morgue as well. Industrial Nightmare was pretty good. I liked their downstairs attraction Dementions a little better.

Baxter Avenue on the other hand was a dissapointment. An attraction we have always loved is in my opinion going downhill now that they have adopted the "touch the customers" approach. We were grabbed, chocked by actors grabbing our hoods, and blasted in the face with water. Not my idea of entertainment.
      Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

We didn't move into the Industrial Nightmare complex until August of this year, needless to say we didn't have a lot of time to add our touch to it "see haunted hotel"

Next year we have some BIG plans for it! I am glad you enjoyed Dementions, we were worried about that attraction considering that haunt was under 6ft water on the opening weekend (see Jeffersonville flood)

About Baxter, I have always enjoyed the show that the Morgue puts on every year. It's definitely a change of pace from your traditional haunted house. Very theatrical! Most haunts go for the startle effect. Baxter is more like a show. But everyone has different tastes.
        - Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
        Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
        http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

Super Kudos

I also checked out IN and Haunted Hotel. The Hotel was the best haunt I have ever been to. The intensity level of the haunt was unbelievable and it was maintained throughout the entire house. They should definately be on the list of best haunts in the country.

Comment

Haunted Hotel and Industrial Nightmare

Thanks for the feedback. I am Todd owner/partner of the Hotel and IN. My partner (Terry) and I put a lot of effort into both haunts every year. Last year alone we spent of $150,000 in props and equipment and 8 months in labor. We try to change 55 to 75% of the haunts every year. We even go as far as buying "Easy Start" chainsaws from Stihl that start everytime. (We even gave a chainsaw operation class.) This is how serious we take it. So when we here you enjoyed the show it makes me feel that were going the right direction.

Thanks again

Todd (Inn Reaper) and Terry (Terror-T)

Comment

Todd,

The Hotel was absolutely awesome this year. I have never experienced a haunt that kept the intensity level that high from the very beginning to the very end. I have to confess that when the review sites like Ohio Valley Haunts gave us a 9 and HH a 9.5 I was skeptical. But after seeing the show, I can't think of a more strongly earned half point ever...Haunted Hotel absolutely is the best haunt of its type I have ever seen...you guys really bring the intensity...

We work at it hard as well. Already hard at work on next year's show and I have to admit I have been pricing some of those new easy start saws as well...would be interested to hear how the worked out for you.

http://www.fearfair.com/blog
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

easy starts

let me count the ways.
                I learned a lot this year with chainsaws.
                1.) Good ones are worth the money.
                2.) easy starts (no cords break if you pull straight up) We used to be cool and pull them with one hand and start them. Broken cords. Look at the plastic around the pull cord opening. If the plastic on the chain saw is melting from starting it you are starting it the wrong way.
                3.) Also when you remove a chain the chainsaw will rev around 800 rpms more than design. So dont hold dont on throttle for more than 20 seconds. You can rev them all day just dont hold down on them.
                Between both Haunts we have 7 chainsaws that to me means you need 14. I never want anyone to be without a chainsaw.
                4.) I can start them with my teeth which is real cool.
                5.) My chainsaws lasted all year. Hell yeah.

Thanks again for Kudo's. I sincerely would like to check out your haunt. We promote Kentuckiana as haunted attraction area. I want people to come for the weekend to see all of our haunts. (2) to (3) a night x 3 nights. 9 haunts get business. Keep up the good work hope to meet you guys.

Happy Haunting

Inn Reaper

Comment

the blog

checked out the blog. Dont show H2 people your locker rooms they will go on strike. Nice hearse in the picture.

check out our 51 caddy. www.lastrideproductions.com

Comment

We will be in Chicago...have to hook up for some drinks.
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                    X