Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price tag for a Silicone Body?- see pic

Greetings!
    I am planning on creating a prop similar to the one shown in the picture attached to this post. This picture is from the TV show Six Feet Under. I am planning that the final body will be made of Silicone and painted to near the same level of realism that's in the picture. I may be selling these but I wanted to get an idea of how much a Haunter would be willing to pay for something done to this level of realism. There are a lot very well done products on the market but very few look 'real'. At least I can't find anything that looks as real as what's in the picture attached. Please, PM me what you think it's worth.

Thanks and have a scary day!

That is a really nice prop. I personally would love to have that kind of realism in my haunt. It seems to me that a big part of the realism with that prop is the teeth and hair. Slapping a wig on a prop like that won't cut it.

As for price, It would be great if it could be close to latex versions but I realize this is not practical. I would think 50% more might be acceptable for me. What price are you considering? Have you done a workup on your costs? Or are you just throwing it out there right now to see what people would be willing to pay?
    Jim H
    Dark Raven Designs
    http://www.darkravendesigns.net

Comment

Brckee the material cost for silicone alone is way more than 50% over latex and alot more difficult to work with. case in point silicone mask $500 to a comparable latex mask $25 .....
      I cant even begin to imagine what a piece like that would be, but figure if Unit70 sells a similar piece in latex form their static corpses flatback are like 500, doubtful if this piece would feasable at 750 for the artist. Im interested in what other haunt owners think would be a fair price for this as well...... Brckee I agree the teeth and hair help make this piece.
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I admit I have no idea about the cost for producing silicone pieces. Actually, while good latex masks sell for $50 or even $85 to $100. The silicone masks I have seen are $600 to $700. The silicone masks seem to be selling well at 7 to 12 times the cost of latex.

Good flat backed latex props I have seen are about $500 like you said and full bodied props are about $700 give or take. Does that mean silicone versions would cost $3500 to $6000? Would a full body cost over $8000?

I might pay $3500 for a really great static prop but the art work would have to be really great, just the fact that it's silicone won't impress me.

Again remembering I know next to nothing about this. Ghost ride productions makes Urethane hands, arms and legs that look a lot more realistic than latex. Is that a possibility? I think silicone definitely feels more real but that is not usually needed.

I think a better way to present the question would be to work out some sort of price range. "Would you pay between this much and this much?" or "would it be worth 5 times the cost of a similar latex prop" Instead of just asking "how much would you pay?" That question just makes me want to ask "Well how much would it cost?"

I only mention this because I think you will get more feedback this way. I for one would love to see more realism in haunt props. I am tired of the same old thing and with TV and movies showing more and more realistic scenes and props. I think some of us in the haunt industry would like to go to the next level.
        Jim H
        Dark Raven Designs

Comment

to further clarify and sample zombie piece- pics

To clarify not a prop just in silicone and done to the same level of quality and realism as shown in the picture. I was considering a price tag of somewhere between $1200 to $3000. I've attached a few pictures of a zombie woman that I'll be posting on Ebay tomorrow. She's pretty good but I am expecting my next prop to be even more real. The next prop being something like whats in the picture from my previous post. I'd love to hear some feedback of what you think of the zombie woman.

Thanks! The replies so far are quite helpful.

Comment

Ahhhh I seen this piece on the lab, Nice work creep
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Unit70

Made me a old woman out of silicone just her head and hands. Awsome work she was the doctors housekeeper and we use her in front of the box office where she tells the story! She is GREAT but then again anything Unit70 does is way above average! She was 3500.00 which inculded the story line I wrote. You can see her on the new Unit70 video they call her the witch. I know this thread is about silicone props and they look great but right now I think they are still not economical. With that for the most realistic props on the market give Bo & Brady at Unit70 a call tell them Shane sent you. **This is NOT a paid advertizement by Unit70 LMAO! However it does carry the Shane aka Graystone Seal Of Approval! Shane
              sigpic

Comment

This is a torso we created for Realm of Darkness in silicone backed with supersoft polyfoam and a fibrglass under skeleton. The effect was for a chestburster sequence.

Matt
                Edge Designs
                Attached Files
                Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

silicone bodies

Very nice stuff creepzone... $3500 to $ 8000....For that price guys and girls I can get you the real thing. You might have to keep them in a morgue cooler but the realizm is just that.. REAL!

Comment

I'd love to hear some feedback of what you think of the zombie woman.
                    I love it. Very nice detail. really great work. I would love to see more of your work. Could you post your ebay auction link?

Matt. The torso is really great. Very realistic. What is the cost for something like that? Really great work from both you guys!
                    Jim H
                    Dark Raven Designs

Comment

Here's the link to the Ebay Auction

Thanks for your comments. Here's a link my Ebay auction on the zombie head. There's more pictures there too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...04&indexURL=0&

As for my other works-
                      Check out my gallery of images for other haunt related items
                      http://mikesneath.deviantart.com/gallery/

All the items in my 'deviant' art gallery have been sold but I can always make more. Feel free to enquire.

Boo!!

Comment

Working...
                      X