Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhh great stuff gone bad!

i'm trying to use great stuff but i can't seem to get an even spread
    some one please give me a quick lesson on how to use great stuff!!!

Well it is expanding foam so....... You have to take that into consideration.
    I have used it on a ton of stuff but nothing that critical. Its great for filling masks or firming up part of bodies. You can also spray it onto a mold (with paper behind it so it doesnt stick to the mold) and it does a pretty good job of coping the mold. Its firm and light.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Originally posted by bainer132 View Post
      i'm trying to use great stuff but i can't seem to get an even spread
      some one please give me a quick lesson on how to use great stuff!!!

What are you trying to do with it? It might be worthwhile switching to a two part expaning foam depending on your uses.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Great Stuff

I've never used great stuff for anything but detail work. If you are having trouble with it you probably need to use something else. I'd just spray it on, then pat it down so it doesn't over rise and look like, well, great stuff.
        Steve Martini
        Screamline Studios
        www.screamlinestudios.com
        steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

when using foam for goopy gorey meat on bodies I found if you lightly spray the foam while its still wet with spray paint.The acetone in the paint will retard the foaming process. this keeps it from making friendly looking round plump foam blops and makes a very rough jagged porous meaty look. I always hit it with red its gonna be red anyways. Im sure we have all seen what happens when you spray paint a foam wig head its the same effect
          The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Bainer, where you at in Texas? John Denely has a video where he corpses out a bucky with great stuff, he lightly spreads it on then knocks it down with a paint brush.

Comment

Hey poison I tried using the paper idea with my plastic skull I cut open as a mold. As you said it copies it good but what about the paper. It adheres to it very good. I tried making the paper well to see if it would pull off didnt really work. Do you just keep it on there and paint over it or what do you do? Just wondering. And what type of paper did you use. Do you crinkle it up before you shove it in your mold to make it easier to shape? Any help is appreciated. I want to make like a bunch of skulls and thought this might me an inexpensive way.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

I would suggest using gloves and wearing long sleaves when using great stuff. If you get it on your skin or in your hair you will regret it for a very long time. Plus read the can before you buy it because different types expand differently.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                X