X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Machine Comparisons

hey everyone
    i just bought a v-940 pro fogger on ebay for 60 buck
    just wondering if this is a good fogger and in general what are some good fog machines and what are ones to stay away from
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

I actually love the VEI fog machines. We have used two of the 940's for the past 8 years at our haunt without any problems.

Stay away from anything cheap.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

working in both concert production and haunting i always find that with any major brand foggers - chauvet,martin,american dj,ect... anything from 700watts and up is pretty good. last season at skull island scream park,we used 5 martin jem 1500's. there were great! and for about $300-400. the only probably we came across was one we used on the ground. the intake had to be repaired because of dirt. but if you can avoid setting it on the ground they're awsome. max fog output and timer as well. good luck!

steve o.
      "the boogeyman is real, and you found him"

Comment

We handle the American DJ line of foggers. I have used several models in the past. I recommend 1000 watts and up, anything lower doesn't produce for on demand. Foggers under 1000 watts need to reheat after a few seconds of fog. Our 1200HD produces fog WHEN you want it. It doesn't have to reheat. I have used this model for the last 4 years and have had zero issues with any of the 3 I have.

Hope this helps you out.
        Ken
        www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Let me say this about fog machines...going cheap isn't a good idea. Buy a good one because it will last longer. Cheap fog machines can catch on fire I've seen it happen several times.

I would buy one from Martin or ugggg I can't ever spell their name right... Lematrix or something like that.

You also want a fog machine with controls, like flow, timer, and output and if you get a machine like this you can fog an entire haunted house with one machine. All you need is tubing or piping running through the entire attraction with a inline fan blowing air throughout.

Its really really easy and cheaper in the long run to do it this way.

Additionally you can buy attachments for the machines so they'll pull from a 55 gallon drum so you never need to fill up the machines.

Just my two cents.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The new Martin Magnum series foggers are some of the best I've seen. The little 650 boasts a pump from Mercedes Benz and output that competes with 1200 watt models. The higher end 1800 has a really cool "one shot" feature that allows you to pre-set the duration, and voume and will trigger from just a pulse, no more holding down the trigger button. The old ZR-33 is expensive but is obsolutely a workhorse fogger. Look for warm up time, CFM of fog, amperage, and wether it is rated for continious duty, these are the factors to look for.

I must also say that if you buy crap fog juice you can have crap results. As an experiment in our shop, we took a $ 39.99 Fitco fogger and put Froggy's fog into it. And low and behold it put out a good fog! Most commercial fluid, Fitco, Chavuet, Party City, Am Dj is mostly water, they cheap out on the Glycol.

http://www.martin.com/productgroup/p...og&selgroup=28

Matt Marich
            Edge Designs
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Don't go cheap, I had eight cheap foggers last year, Before the first night was over two stopped working. One was taken home that night by one of my actors and he fixed it. My brother wanted to use one last month so I got one out, it did not work, so I try another, it to did not work. Not one of the seven I had left worked. This year I'm buying one good one, a Chauvet 1250, for what I spent on all those cheap ones I could have gotten one Good one that would still work.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
              X