Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got myself a new camera, what do ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself a new camera, what do ya think?

I was able to get a Canon HV20 a couple weeks back to try and capture some HD footage this upcoming season. I was playing around with some effects to try and get a film look, so I shot some test footage the other night. I call it "The Daydream"

I used footage from Graveside Manor, but the video of me sitting in the chair is the HD camera. 22 seconds, very short. I edited it in iMovie, which was an incredible pain in the ass since it crashed every 10 seconds.

Does anyone here have video editing experience, can lend some tips on what's a good program to buy and anything else helpful to this matter? I'm done with iMovie, am looking into either Vegas or Final Cut Express, not sure though.

(Graveside Manor is a home haunt located in Coventry, CT. Vote for us on Hauntworlds Top 13!! www.gravesidemanor.com)
    - - Luke - -

nice video. no idea on editing programs.

Comment

Luke.

Nice job man! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

since you are working on a Mac, the ultimate solution would be the final cut editing suite, which comes complete with a alot of amazing features. Though the price tag is a bit high ($1400 - but if you are a student you can get it for $700, which isnt bad.) If you arent looking to spend $700+, go with FC Express. It still has an extremely versatile set up, but not nearly as amazing as the suite.

(nice clip btw)
        www.Doomsdayproductions.com
        www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Thanks guys.

Good point about the student discount, I forgot all about that. 700 is still a tad pricey, plus I'm buying audio equipment at the moment for another project. If Final Cut Express is still quality for the price, then that's the road I'll be taking. Thanks Steve.
          - - Luke - -

Comment

Great job!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Final Cut Suite is the way to go. It contains a Soundtrack program also that is very high quality.

-Final Cut studio
              DVD studio pro
              And soundtrack pro
              Plus more!
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! The Canon Hv-20 has broken down many barriers and received the best sub $ 1,000.00 HD cam on the market in 2007! I have one and love it! I use Vegas Platinum but you need edit in native HD format to benefit. There aour many accessories for this camera check out the site below!

Matt Marich
                Edge Designs

http://www.hv20.com/index.php
                Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Thank you Larry

Mr. Gore,

I do see your point, I've played with it at the Mac store (oh man that store is kind on the eyes) and that would be absolutely wonderful, but I wonder what Pro Tools can do instead? I already own a Pro Tools LE setup, since I am going to school for sound engineering, and I've heard of Pro Tools being used for the same thing.... but possibly not LE. I'm torn, it's quite an investment on top of other investments.

Mr. Marich
                  Thank you for the link, as I said above I am a musician/sound engineer first, which makes it incredibly difficult to find the time or money to invest in other trades. I have heard the wide angle lens is incredibly worth the investment, however, and will look into it. Thank you again.

By the way, I have yet to test this, but on my older camcorder it was impossible to pic up UV paint or anything of the sort. Does anyone know if the Canon HV20 will be able to do this?
                  Last edited by SSP; 05-14-2008, 10:04 PM.
                  - - Luke - -

Comment

Nice Job!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks Damon!

I actually have a large video project in the works as I write this, it's going to be a bit twisted but hopefully will turn out well.

But again, does anyone know about capturing blacklight on film? What can, how to, etc.?
                      - - Luke - -

Comment

Working...
                      X