No announcement yet.

Narnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did like the Narnia 2, even though it was very predictable. Reepicheep rocks! I liked the first Narnia movie too. Ironman is one of my new favs now too. Loved that movie!
    Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
    ~Miracle Max

Comment

Just fyi... Naria is more or less officially a bomb. The box office totals on this movie are down about 30% of Narnia 1, and I think Indy will be bringing in the wrecking ball on Narnia. I doubt at this point the movie will make 150 million, which would put it at about half of the first one.

Speed Racer is indeed a bigger bomb, but Narnia did cost more to make 200 to 120. Narnia might do better overseas, as will Speed Racer.

Indy made 25 million last night (Thursday).

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Your

Jumping up to fast Larry! Wait till all the sales figures are in! Just because sales are down dont mean its not going to be a money maker. Shane
        sigpic

Comment

lol

Larry so much wants that movie to fail.

Larry you ever heard of Karma.

Comment

Let me say this... its kinda like the haunted house business. Just because some guy is doing something and making a business for himself, doesn't mean someone has to open one across the street, and say they're best right out the gate, false advertise, blah, blah, blah.

If you've been in the haunt business long enough you know what I mean. Let's take cool products made by vendors, someone does something then someone else comes along and clones it and tries to sell it cheaper, and tells everyone theirs is better... blah, blah.

This probably goes on in many industries, and yeah it sorta bothers you.

LOTR came out and was just awesome, then every Tom DIck and Harry digs out any book they can find to make a movie just like LOTR. So unless it can stand up on its own two feet, they are nothing more than knock offs even though yes those books are out there. Narnia was made based on the success of LOTR, and so was that HORRID Golden Compass.

So no I'm not pulling for them, unless they have something new to offer. Narnia to me seemed like a cheap, knock off of LOTR.... and if I thought there was anything original to it I might have liked it more.

I like those throw back sword movies, and look forward to a remake of 'Sword and the Sorcerer' or a new Conan movie or and for sure the Hobbit movies. But Narnia I can pass on that...

But the facts remain as for the money end of it its a total disappointment for Disney. They should have released this as a Christmas movie, and Speed Racer should have NEVER put put between Indy and Iron Man.

Stupid mistake! Speed Racer makes 100 million dollars if you release it in January or March or anything that puts it away from blockbusters same goes for Narnia.

Bring on Batman...I'm still waiting.

Indy which made 25 million yesterday will probably end up at about 130 for the four days.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Anyony thinking

What I am thinking? It appears that Larry is afraid of Lions. OMG I just had an idea pop in my head!!!!!!! Larry your so going down! Shane
              sigpic

Comment

I think I'm going to have to back Larry on this one. First of all I love fantasy movies, and LOTR are my all time favortite movies and my main haunt is inspired by these films in many ways.

But I though the first NARNIA was OK. The costume characters are lame and the main actors. I know it's a kid movie but it's just not believable that these kids could be warriors.

I watched the second one last night and I thought the movie absolutely sucked!! Again the battle scene was good, the second half was tolerable on the film but the first half was so boring and drawn out. The talking badgers and bears and dwarves were bad, the one dwarf could barely walk around in real life and then he's a main warrior? As much as I love Disney, I just don't think they are cut out to do epic sword movies. They are far better off doing the Pirate films. In a medieval war movie where people get their heads or body parts chopped off and it's extrememely gory and disturbing, I don't think you can water it down and fake it even if it's a fantasy film. Braveheart made no apologies for what it was, a violent story during a violent time when people get hacked to death in battle. Lord of the rings had wild battle scenes even in fanasy it worked and changed everything.

Also, there were so many small things in the film that you could easily tell they ripped it from LOTR. You can't depict medieval warfare in a kid friendly way it's impossible. Either they make it the way it should be made and that's violent, gory, and disturbing as it would have been or really water it down for kids and concentrate on the story and have little to no battle scenes.

While I watched the films I felt as if I could actually envision CS Lewis looking over Tolkien's shoulder copying what he was writing and then wrote his story. Or it may have been the studio pouring over Peter Jackson's films and copying them in any way that they could. Don't believe me, watch the TRilogy and then go watch Narnia, you'll be laughing!

Allan

Comment

Narnia is NOW officially a BOMB. It's only up to $50 million overseas and barely over $100 for the US... this movie is a BOMB! Tim, well I guess you got this one wrong! Disney today said they made a mistake with the release of this movie, basically admitting it is now officially a bomb.

Disney is now saying the movie should have been released as a Christmas movie, which is what I was saying. I think Speed Racer also should have been released as a Christmas movie as well.

Either way I think it has more to do with the fact that Narnia I blew so people didn't really care about Narnia 2, or for that matter part 3 next year.

The box office in general is not doing well, I wonder if this will carry over into the Halloween season.

Everything seems to be working against us right now...bad economy, elections, gas prices, just everything. Going to the movies is usually a cheap entertainment experience. Going to a haunted house isn't far behind... so I wonder how the box office will finish out here, so we know what we might expect.

Oh well... two supposed blockbusters are already BOMBS. Right now Hollywood is batting 2-4 so that isn't good.

I may be wrong but I don't think Hulk will be a big hit either so its looking bleak!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

People will go back to the movies as soon as they start making good movies again. Hasn't been many REALLY good ones in quite a while now it seems...

Allan

Comment

saw it cuase the kid had his mind set on it, SUCKED roaly, Indiana Jones was prety good untill the end with the whole space ship leaving thing, speed racer i thought OK not great not bad but bottom line kids liked them all so i will have to wait to get them on DVD and still creativity ideas from them all. LOL

enjoy the day all.
                      The Care Taker
                      John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                      X