The Darkness looking for make up artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness looking for make up artist

The Darkness is located in St. Louis. Looking for highly skilled make up artist to manager our actor room, costumes and more.

Please send your resume along with amount of money you would request, and pictures of your work.

We are open 6 nights in September and every night in October through November 3, 2008.

Contact Larry Kirchner darkrides@sbcglobal.net
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Halloween Productions Looking to hire...

We're in need of construction workers, designers, people with foam carving skills and over all people who can work on dark rides, and haunted houses.

Contact Larry Kirchner at darkrides@sbcgloba.net
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Make up artist and set designer/ construction workers

Larry,
      I can send you a resume of some 20 plus years of experiance in the haunt industry.
      I don't know if you can afford me though...
      What days/ months/hours would you looking at employing my services?
      My fee is a minimum of 40 hours per week at $150 per hour. Plus two assistants at $25 per hour.
      This would also need to include a meal per diem per day for all three plus transportation with room and board...Each having their own room. Let me know and I can get this resume out by weeks end..

Comment

Larry

Slain and his guys are worth every penny I have used them many many times! I highly reccomend them! You cant go wrong with this team!!!!! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Slain,

You can send your resume to me at darkrides@sbcglobal.net

I doubt that I could afford that kind of money. First off I we're not even open 40 hours a week especially in September. Where do you live?

Im willing to work out deals to make things happen.

I have a big budget but I don't know about that kind of money. WOW.

Set fees might be better for me.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Larry I sent you an email last night are you ignoring me? Just checking up.
            Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
            [n8 creative studios]

Comment

artist

Larry,
              My makeup artist gets a flat fee of $2500 per week (3 hours per night) $150 per hour for any overtime..
              My cad guy and set designer gets $200 per hour no minimum required..
              For my services and committment to you haunt I can do a flat fee of $4000 per week
              I will need three(3) rooms (and $50 per diem per day for each for the duration of our stay...I would make our own reservations...
              A down payment of half up front would be required. Where was it you wanted me to send the resume?

Comment

Slain,

That is probably too rich for my blood, thanks for responding though.

Nate,

I did not get an email.

Thanks
                Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry, not sure why it didnt get to you, anyways I was just wondering if you were looking for designers solely in St Louis or would you be interested in freelance? I know we spoke a while back about me doing some work for you but never really got any farther than that. Just lemme know either way, thanks man.
                  Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                  [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Dollars and sense

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Slain,

That is probably too rich for my blood, thanks for responding though.

Nate,

I did not get an email.

Thanks
                    Larry
                    That what I figured from the get go. You have neither

Comment

Wow, very mature. I see the level of professionalism that we can expect here. Also, if you are paying a CAD guy $200 an hour you have lost your mind! CAD is EASY to run, I have run AutoCAD for 8 years now and know a million other people that can run it just as well or better. In industry, they might make $20 or $25 per hour MAX. You're getting hosed!!!

On a related note...Larry, are you beginning to see how affordable my make-up services are???
                      Kip Polley
                      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                      We Engineer Fear

Comment

Slain,

I have neither what? I don't know of any haunt in the nation that would pay that kind of money. Don't you work at ATROX? Do they pay their actors? When you're paying your actors and you have 120 of them between two haunts, with a payroll of $30,000 per week there is NO WAY IN HELL I am paying some make up artist unless he's freaking on Rick Bakers level that kind of money. I couldn't ever afford that, and neither could any other haunt who's got a massive payroll.

I've got offers from several make up artists from this post, people wanting $100 a night, nothing like what you're asking.

I say this...if you can get that kind of money good for you! But no reason to knock those who wouldn't ever in their wildest dreams pay that kind of money.

Would never happen here or 99% of attractions across the country.

You're talking Hollywood movie budgets...haunts don't have 100 million dollar budgets sorry.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Um sorry but i really do have to agree with Larry on this one!

Dam Slain it's a Haunted House for crying out loud! People see your make up for what 15 seconds then their haulin a$$ to the next room! Like Larry said it's not Hollywood, your not going to have the make up on a theater screen for two hours, you putting it on a person who does a quick scare and then disappears!

I talked to Larry after he messaged me and probably would have taken up his offer if i didn't live a 1000+ miles from St. Louis, i would have asked for 100 maybe a 150 bucks a night fee, plus room and rental car( Just so i could get around.)

Larry would have got somebody skilled at doing all the themes imaginable to relate to a haunt, Help with costuming, I would also throw in acting seminars if wanted, and i would have asked him for an acting spot as well because i get into character and jump into action for FREE!

Oh and did i mention i also build and distress as well without CAD! It's called a tape measure and know how!

Sorry man not trying to put you down, im sure your good at what you do but MAN thats a LOT of Coin! Again we are talking Haunted Houses here,not the next huge slasher flick!

Comment

Larry,Kip, and Kevin

You guys really believe he's serious, it sounded to me like he was have fun with larry on this.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                              You guys really believe he's serious, it sounded to me like he was have fun with larry on this.
                              No i don't believe him, and maybe he was screwing with Larry who knows?
                              And if he was serious then Dam dude step aside,PLEASE!

I was just trying to say i work MUCH cheaper!

Actually the situation im in now i drive well over an hour to work at the haunt i work at, pay 95% of the gas out of my pocket and everything i build is vollunteer time on my part. I would much rather an owner buys a prop or materials for the show!

I have a small cabin on the haunt property with a couple of bunk beds and a fire pit, i use my truck and my tools (roughly 25,000 $ worth). I drive out after work on friday, set up camp build friday night all day saturday and most of sunday and ask for nothing in return.

Haunting is my hobby, my craft, my love i do it for me, my crew to enjoy and to see and hear the Ohh's and Ahhs and screams of the patrons as whatever i built bites them in the ass!

Haunting to me is not about a paycheck..... Yet! LMAO

Why do guys who build pyrotechnics such as fireworks displays put so much love into it? Is it the paycheck, the danger of it is insane, or is it because they love the crowd reaction to what they have built as it goes off. The squeel from the little kid in the audience when that real big pretty one goes bang!
                              Last edited by Kevin Dells; 06-09-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X