No announcement yet.

The Darkness looking for make up artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe ANYONE would pay their make up guys that kind of money...no freakin way. Those prices are absurd! You'd go broke!

Haunted houses just don't make that kind of money, to support an actor staff of 40 to 100 or more then hire a zillion make up artists making that kind of money night after night.

Maybe if you don't pay your actors you could get away with that...but to me it doesn't sound fair to ask your actors to bust their ass for free all night while you pay the make up artists a zillion dollars. No way!

If I was an actor at that haunt I would picket the place! LOL

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I really do believe as a make up artist you need to be compensated for your work and not chump change either, also be flexable owners love someone that takes the bull by the horn and runs with it, pay rates that are great happen when the owner has full belief in you and knows your mr. reliable, when your ass on the line and you produce under high stress and have tangible evidence of your quality of work this is were you better be making some serious money!!!! if you are not its time to move on!!!! Keep in mind there is not one person alive that goes to the store and says boy i hope i have to pay a high price for this item we always want a deal we always want the highest quality for the lowest price.but at that point somethings got to give pay more for quality or pay less for so so ... You decide

Just my thoughts
      Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Jason,

I agree with you 110%. I would love to find someone to take the bull by the horns trust me. But paying what Paul was quoating is absurd, no haunt that I know of would pay that in a zillion years.

But you are right they should be paid a great wage!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Larry,

Screamline has had many people come and go over the years and one person that comes to mind is a guy by the name of mike ross, he broke away from screamline to follow his dreams as a make up artist and within two years he was working under V neil as foam latex runner for pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3 , he worked on resident evil 3 and so on!!! I guess what i am trying to say is talent grows with desire, and passion is the talent. Pauls price is based of what he believes he is worth, is he over priced by all means YES but who the hell am i to say what he is worth, i would imagine that you may have people at your haunted attraction bitching about the ticket prices(depending on the market) but what is your time worth larry, you work hard for your passion. So i guess in the end it up to the customer or the owner (in pauls case) to deside if its money well spent...

Just my thoughts
          Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Jason,

Haunts in general do not make the kind of money to pay those prices I think we both already know that. What someone is worth is soley based on what someone is willing to pay. He could be the best make up artist in the world but if no one will pay him he's worth nothing.

It is really no different than a classic car, one guy thinks its worth more money than we make in a lifetime and another guy thinks it worthless. I think what I'm saying is haunts desire the best they can find but no one would pay those prices.

They are so out of line they border on totally absurd. Our haunts have 40 to 60 actors each... so that is about 100 for both events. Do you know how many people I would have to hire and at those prices I would just go out of business.

We are NOT Pirates 2 and 3, or Indiana Jones, or Star Wars with 150 to 200 million dollar budgets. That is what makes haunters so awesome, we sometimes do MORE for LESS than most movies.

I would agree there are guys working in haunts better than guys working on movies... we have a passion for things, and it keeps us involved, but the dollars only go so far.

You can't pay kings ransoms otherwise you won't play long!

Make up artists are a huge part of a haunts success but hiring 4 or 5 at thousands of dollars per week...will never happen!

Again you think XYZ car is worth this and I don't... so you try to sell it to the next guy no big deal!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Working...
            X