No announcement yet.

Scare Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just another excuse. I finally cashed his check - but I still need the controller power supply and pressure pad for my Theed, not to mention the other 2 Chainsaw Blades I still don't have... His check covered the other static props and my GHOULITZER that I really - really wanted... but I've written it off as another dead beat vendor.

I would love to buy some of the vac form walls, but I will not do business w/ Scare Parts again until he can prove a 2 year streak of no complaints. I even received another e-mail from someone wanting Keith's # and address because he still owes them....

I hope Keith can bounce back - but he has a lot to prove to me and others.

Good Luck. And I truly hope he can hire a responsible person to manage the company while he focuses on the end result. He has proven he can't manage the company.

Comment

Everyone taken care of??

I beg to differ with you Larry, that everyone has been taken care of. I'm still not whole-but this time I'll hire an attorney. I'm also formally protesting Keith's presence on an "advisory board" for transworld-and I'm seriously considering buying booth space at TW to personally share my experiences (and photos) of the business dealings I've had with Keith. There's the downside to pissing off a terminally ill haunter. I don't have much else to lose-but I will be DAMNED if I don't get the message out about this shameful excuse for a vendor. Oh yes...we may just drag defamation claims in at this point also-I've been told he's lying to people to somehow twist his theft into MY fault. I don't think so.

Kathryn DeSautell
      Kathryn DeSautell
      Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Hang in there Kathryn. Krama is a bitch and by the looks of it there is plenty heading Keiths way. I still dont know why Larry would stand up for him besides the fact he kisses Larry's ass, but thats for another thread. If their is anything you need from any of us haunters just let us know!

Hope to see ya at St. Louis so I can put a face to the posts
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sorry Larry - I purchased around 18,000 from Keith. The walls came fast. I also ordered a Helevator and car. The car came after many lies our 3rd weekend of opening. Keith said he would have the elevator there the next day. Next day came and went without even a call. I went to his shop a week after that to check on the elevator. He was not there but he had a worker there. He did not have anything in his shop that resembled an elevator or even a bolt or screw to go to one. His worker said they had no knowledge of building an elevator for any client.

I knew then.... that he took my money with the knowledge that he would never build an elevator.

He probally took my money and paid the sucker before me off. I was still was a nice guy. Why? I want my product or money back. I have not posted a thing on here about it because of Larry. I had a freakin Bell Hop actor the entire season without an elevator!!!!!

He has started to pay me off but its a week before St. Louis and he still owes a bunch. Now that I am not nice to him he tries to switch it around like its my fault. This guy is just no good period..........I gave him his second chance. I had a problem with him in 03 and just kept it to myself.

No more Mr. Nice Guy
          Last edited by xtremecreator; 03-22-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Wow, this guy Keith doesn't seem like He has a conscience. He only keeps promises to haunts He knows that if He crosses will ruin his shady business. When will this guy learn that it's not okay to take advantage of people? If I ordered a prop from this guy and didn't receive anything I would drive down to where He works and demand answers and my money back.

This just isn't right and people who stand up for him are just as bad as him. When is He going to ever take responsibility for what He's done to others and how He's made other vendors look bad in the haunt industry. The Halloween and Haunt Vendors Association needs to stand up and take action against Keith. I have no clue if He's part of the association, but if He is He should be banned for life.

A list needs to be created for dead beat vendors that's available on the Halloween and Haunt Vendors Association's website. To top if off this guy has the nerve to show his face at tradeshows and conventions and even have a booth advertising his shady business. How pathetic can you be? This guy represents everything that is bad in the haunt industry. I'm not even a buyer of props and I'm this irritated at Keith. I can't imagine the people who's lives have been effected by this dead beat vendor.

Keith can I give you some advice? Give it up. You're not for the haunt industry. You're against it. You don't deserve to be apart of this industry because you give anyone who is involved rather it be vendors, haunters, actors, etc a bad name. No one has sympothy for you because you've screwed over so many people in the industry that it's not even funny. People need to stop sticking up for this guy once and for all and boycott Scareparts.
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Ole keith

Not to worry he did'nt show at Trans-world but had some one else there pettling his stuff. So now they can take the blame for his bad business practices...

Comment

I dont understand what happened.... wasnt it all good with Scareparts just a couple years back ?? I mean hell they were a big sponsor of MHC. Keith and the gang ( from an outside point of view ) wer kicking -ass then he moved everything to Cleveland to end up in a nose dive. Were they doing this bad in Columbus ?? If they were they must have been good at covering it all up. ( DAMN ) man, I can remember the zombie band, and all the cool stuff they were coming up with.

I guess I still fail to realize what happened.... I understand it can happen... and can happen fast ... but, how do you get out of a nose dive when this does happen ?? I mean... thats allot of money ... if you add it all up he's really in a no win situation at this point. I for one always liked talking to Keith, I atleast ( thought ) he was a descent person..... but then again I have been know to be gullable.
                Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM.
                "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com
                "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I believe Keith was poor in his business plan. Spending outweighed the output of props.

#1 From what I know: Keith moved the facilities expecting his staff to follow - fully trained staff did not move - therefore Keith was left training new people.

#2 He took too many orders and did not weigh the fact he could only produce "SO MANY" by himself and an untrained staff.

#3 The crap he sent me was that - C R A P - and the rest - still have yet to see... much less the controller and parts etc. - Yes I did finally get a check but still missing almost $1,000 in stuff - Which from what I hear is much less than everyone else -

#4 Lies

I liked and believed Keith also - so I was a bad judge or the guy got hit with a huge bad luck streak and tried to lie his way out and yes...even that failed.

Scare Parts had been in business a long time - but I believe several factors hit at once and that ended it. I guess the key here is knowing what you can do and managing your money a bit better. It happens to the best of us... but seemingly Keith still owes a lot to the haunt community. And having Nightscream carrying his walls has made me even leary of them...

Comment

Still NO Payment

Its been 8 months and Keith still has not paid. Will be startng the court process soon.

John

Comment

It's funny how Shane blasted people like this for not paying their bills but he owes Unit 70 a bunch of money and refuses to pay. Can you say hypocrite? Admits owing the money, knows he owes the money, took the product, used the product just didn't pay for the product.

Its shameful!

Also wondering if anyone knows a new contact for Keith

Thanks

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/keith.korner?fref=ts