How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to?

Looks like I am doing a house haunt this year with around 3500 Sq ft outdoors and am going to need walls and such. So my question is what is the best materials to use for the walls and any tips on building them would be appreciated. I would like to build them to a standard if I ever wanted to step up and go to a full blown haunt I would be able to move these over and use them in the show.

I would also like to know if anyone has any lighting tips for a budget level and what may have worked for you in the past.

New to this but learning fast.

Thanks in advance.

Shane

I would like to add, trying to stay away from the gore scare and more for suprise and suspense. I am using the Shocker electric chair setup in once of the scenes and also a Sasquach theme (horrordome supplied) in one of the other. I am hoping to do around 6-8 different rooms or walkbuy scares with some stuff for scares in the hallways and such. And of course the chainsaw out the dooor at the end for effect.

Always looking to buy used props materials and anything else you might have lying around (just not the gore)

Shane

Comment

If you are on a tight budget, but what home haunter is not I have a few ideas for you.

For lighting go to good will and pick up some cheap lamps, then go and buy color spot light bulbs. Use these for the lighting of the different "rooms"

A cool blue light, or a red one does help change the whole mood of a scene and can be a cheap and easy way to light up the place... though they are just lamps and can look a bit cheap.

If you have the fundage buy the spots that can clip onto things and be aimed where you want... that way you have the shielding around the bulb so you can direct the light.

As for walls... I have nto found a cheap way of doing that... if you find one let me know... I just string, plastic, with PVC pipes along the way to help hold up the poles. Just cut holes in teh plastic so the wind does not blow it away.
      www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Budget, you can always say there is one but I know better. I would like to purchase for the future on the walls. I have heard of some plastic type walls but not sure what they are called and or the best placement and 2x4 placement and or connecting them.

I have allot to learn and have been reading like crazy.

Comment

Working...
        X