Rough year gets rougher...(LONG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough year gets rougher...(LONG)

Well, first finding out that your haunt is a no-go was hard enough for my business partner and I...then about a week ago or so my grandma is hospitalized and finds out it's a form of leukemia...her marrow won't produce more platlets and cells...
    So...up until Thursday it's been kinda grim...but Thursday night they said they had this new drug that if it works could help her marrow produce cells...the family was in a huge upswing and grandma couldn't wait to get home, after a recovery...
    Friday...I get a call at work at noon (in over 5 years I've never been called at work) so I knew it was an emergency...
    My mother-in-law called and said my grandma took a turn for the worse and the meds didn't work...so I called dad and mom (it's my dad's mom) and they were on their way up (an hour away)...talked to my brother (on his way too on his cell phone)...
    I got out of work and got home...got around in flash and my brother called at 3:00 pm...said she's on a respirator in a coma, hemmoraging and blood is coming out of about 1000 tubes...so mom and dad said it's up to me because they're going to remove the respirator and it should be only a few minutes...
    So I cry and pray with my wife and call the ICU room (after 20 mins on hold and mixed up forwarding of my call). Mom and Dad as well as my dad's brother and grandma's best friend are there and say she's still alive on the respirator. The nurses thought that was what the decision was and the doctor was off call at the time. I was like "I could've been there by now!" That mistake bought me time to get up there.
    I got to talk to her (she was comatose but I like to think she heard me sending our love and prayers). I also got to talk to her about salvation even though I know she was a religious woman.
    Then last night at 11:30 pm mom called and said she was gone. Dad's beating himself up for leaving...but she wen't painlessly (still on the breathing machine) and quickly.
    So I am seeking prayers and thoughts from my busy haunt family in this tough time with my family.
    Thank you,

Kirk
    I left at 8:30 as well as mom and dad...they're sticklers about visiting hours at the hospital and mom and dad were heading back in the morning
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Kirk,
    I rode that horse last December. I know exactly what your feeling. Brother, we are praying for you over here. The best thing you need to do is go to your mom and be there for her. No matter how it hurts you she will need you more.

Joe
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Best place to be is with your family. You're in my prayers
      - - Luke - -

Comment

Joedog,
        Thanks for the prayers! I appreciate them all!
        It's actually my dad's mother...and he's doing better, but now the "I regret this and that..." stage has kicked in looking over his life...he was a very good son to her though...

SSP,
        Thanks for the prayerful support!
        I've been checking in with my family a lot!

Now comes the funeral process starting tomorrow...I feel like I don't have anymore tears...
        Thanks again,
        Kirk
        Kirk Boemmel
        Dark Ghost Manor
        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Prayers and well-wishes going out.

Been there, done that.
          Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Prayers and best wishes to you and yours...
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

We're sending our prayers and positive thoughts to you Kirk. We're praying that you are given the courage and strength to be a pillar for your Dad and family, but also that you have someone to provide you with the comfort you need as well.

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

virgil, SpFXChic, and Kel,

Thanks a lot...I appreciate it all!

Well, the viewing and service is all over as of yesterday and the service was kepts light and upbeat, the speaker did a great job. Grandma's not suffering anymore and I'm feeling a lot better! Thanks to everyone with the prayers and kind words!

Kirk :twisted:
                Kirk Boemmel
                Dark Ghost Manor
                www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Well, the viewing and service is all over as of yesterday and the service was kepts light and upbeat, the speaker did a great job. Grandma's not suffering anymore and I'm feeling a lot better! Thanks to everyone with the prayers and kind words!

Kirk Boemmel
                  Dark Ghost Manor
                  www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X