Coolest Animatronics I have EVER seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Ever seen the old video of the walking elephant from England? It's powered by a Chev 6 cylinder , it "walks" very incredible, especially for when it was built.
    Nope never heard of it before. Just looked it up and I must say very cool design. This is what I found if anyones interested in reading it.

Powered by a four cylinder Chevy engine, all hydraulics, tucked neatly inside the body cavity. The elephant literally skates along at speeds of up to 20 mph.
    Stuart made three of the in 1947. One is permanently housed in a museum in Austria, one as well used for decades by the Hudson Department store in Detroit (it was later sold to a private museum in Chicago where it resides today) and one was kept by the inventor. It is the latter pictured here and it comes to us from his family who cared for it after his demise. In all likelihood, it will be the only one ever to come up for public auction.

Comment

It's cool props but in my opinion I believe or feel that dino's don't belong in haunts. I think it's kinda stupid but hey everyone has there own tastes. I'm not bashing anyone who does have them. It's just not my taste.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Will be going June 7 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.

Comment

Bill

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
          It's cool props but in my opinion I believe or feel that dino's don't belong in haunts. I think it's kinda stupid but hey everyone has there own tastes. I'm not bashing anyone who does have them. It's just not my taste.
          In a traditional haunt a Dino would be out of place, However haunts like erebus, and the Lab have them,(I believe the Lab had theirs before erebus) and their not your run of the mill haunted houses, If you look around there are plenty of haunts that go outside the box.

I also like the way you say you think it's stupid, but I'm not bashing anyone lol!

Comment

Originally posted by icandrawem2 View Post
            Dude that is amazing. Do you know where these were shown or who built them? I guess all the audio and air equipment is onboard. Im sure it has to pull an electrical cord around though! Oh i wish someone would go ahead and invent wireless power!
            Not wireless power, but you could have all the stuff somewhere and have wireless activation
            Slash
            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

a nice show...

I saw the this show a while back. Everything is self-contained, no power cords. Lots of on-board batteries though! They cant have too much scenery, due to the way the dinos move. Since they are mounted to very long electric carts, they need lots and lots of flat floorspace (a basketball court to be precise) to move around in. What little scenery there is stays around the edges of the arena or is isolated to a couple of clumps in the central area, giving them something of a figure-eight pattern to drive around.

Mostly, environment is created with moving lights. Lots and lots of very expensive moving lights.

The show was fun and the little kids loved it. Many dived for the floor when T-Rex finally came made an appearance and then roared.

The puppets are not 100% realistic, but as good as I've ever scene, at least at that scale. The heads and eyes were very nice and could allow for a bit of the old "suspension of disbelief" that such things require.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                In a traditional haunt a Dino would be out of place, However haunts like erebus, and the Lab have them,(I believe the Lab had theirs before erebus) and their not your run of the mill haunted houses, If you look around there are plenty of haunts that go outside the box.

I also like the way you say you think it's stupid, but I'm not bashing anyone lol!
                The dino's at Erebus need some touching up, I definitely got smashed against a damn wall by one this past season.
                First one scared the shit out of me. There's so much scenery that when you finally realize there's a huge t-rex in the room with you it's already right in your face!
                Then the second one shot out of a dark hallway and sucker punched me. No joke. It was foam but shit, foam at 20 mph still hurts.

Comment

Working...
                X