Deadly Intentions is looking 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly Intentions is looking 4

More help than ever. We need to add a few more people to our team. Please follow the link and come work for Michigans scariest haunt.

Thanks,

Slobber

http://www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com...id=6&Itemid=34
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Howie

I went to your website, and it states about employment Oppurtunities.

"We are in need of about 6 people to apprentice in 2008. What this means is you would work on a volunteer basis your first year. However, you will be entitled to all other benefits and bounuses which include the following: Horror Merchandise, Deadly Gear, Horror Movies, Breaks with food and beverages, Gift Certificates, a Wrap-Up Party that gets crazy every year, Several Social Outings through out the year and NIGHTLY CASH BONUSES for the best actors. Plus at the end of the 2008 season we will pick the top apprentice and on the last pay day reward that person with base pay for the entire month. If you stick with us, in 2009 you be added to the payroll".

Sounds like a good deal for you guys, "come work for us for free and maybe we'll put you on the payroll next year next year".

Comment

volunteers

So.. This reads to me like you use people as volunteers and if they are good enough you keep them around and you will put them on a payroll the next year. I know very little about the law but I do believe that this is very illegal unless they sign something stating that they are working for free and they will not be compeinsated for any work done..
      I wonder if Wal-Mart could do this. Go to work for a month or so and if it works out and we keep you may have the chance to be paid next month.. HMMMMMM

Comment

Slain

I was thinking the same thing, could they be the Wal-mart of haunted houses.

Comment

Question?

Does that really work? Shane
          sigpic

Comment

Just hire people that are either independantly wealthy and don't care about money or someone living on Mommy's couch who has this whole "living" and "money" thing all figured out. Of course they won't be very reliable because they have it all figured out.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Most of our employees are paid. There is no law that says you can't have people work for free. People volunteer all the time at haunted houses. Many do it just because they love working hear. Most of my actors would work for free if I needed them too.

We usually bring in one or two new actors a year. We try and have them volunteer as many hours as they can the first year to see if they like it and can handle our type of haunt. I do not force anyone to volunteer. If there audition is good and I think they will make a good addition to the haunt, I pay them. Last year I had no volunteers. The year before two.

I know of at least one local pro haunt that only has volunteers. Good for her I say. If you can build a team that just likes working for the fun of it, then why not?

I am one of the top paying haunts in my area. Last year with about 20 actors and 10 other paid positions my payroll was nearly 30k. on top of that, I give out several thousand in cash bonuses each year as well as another few grand worth of prizes and gifts. We also have social outings through out the year that I pay for. Picnics, movies, parties ect. Our wrap-up party most years cost me a couple grand alone. I also buy them food and beverages. I probably do more for my staff than almost any other haunt owner out there. So, what is so wrong about asking someone to apprentice for one year? I have always brought those people back the following year in a paid position.

Ask any of my employees how they feel about working for me. They will all say they love it. My crew is very loyal and we are all a big family. That is why I have a very low turn over of staff. Some have been with me for more than 15 years. Many have worked for other haunts in the past. They all tell me that I am the best boss they ever worked for.

Hope that explains a couple things.

If you want to work at the best haunt in Michigan than send me your info. If you have experience expect to get paid. If not, it's negotiable.

Thanks,

Slobber
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

You didn't deserve that backlash!!!

Slobber - you got clobbered with negativity. That sucks. I see NOTHING wrong with having a first year person work as a volunteer , several professions do the same thing (hello, Doctors, radio shows etc.) I'm sure there are perks along the way, I know I bought pizzas and drinks for my guys a couple of times. Plus - then you'll have a good gauge on what to pay them, if they can handle it. And there is nothing worse than saying you'll pay someone and they can't hack it. Then you'll have to figure what they have done and how much to pay - ugh!
                ALOT of haunts use volunteers - I am with you all the way slobber!
                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Thanks Katie!

Slobber

Comment

I would agree with Howie, SE Michigan has at least 70 haunts so in Mich there are many that want to help out or work at haunts cause it is in our blood.

In the past I would volunteer at haunts (and still kind of do when I take new products out to test etc) and it goes a long way if a haunt owner appreciates and thanks the volunteers and provides water and food, etc...

It sounds like common sense but I’ve worked at some places that had horrible conditions and no thank you or even a screw you at the end of the night. Those places will not keep a volunteer force going.
                    Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com
                    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Sure! Post away.

Comment

I don't know, that whole "Family" thing would really get in the way if there was a babe in that family and you wanted to date her!
                        "Look everyone, he's kissing his sister!"
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It's worse than that Jim. I call them all my kids and they call me dad. So I guess I would be frenching my Daughter? OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh sick!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Slobber

Comment

I think volunteer positions are a great way to break in new people. It removes the people that are only showing up for the money and not actually wanting to put any effort into the acting. Many theaters function on a volunteer basis, and they put on great productions because the actors that are there want to be there and they do it because they love it, not for a paycheck.
                            Katie Lane
                            Partner/VP
                            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Thanks Katie!

Slobber

Comment

Working...
                              X